Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Not bleeding after progesterone  (Read 2124 times)

Bloaty

Not bleeding after progesterone
« on: September 24, 2015, 04:43:23 PM »

I use  oestrodiol gel 2mg and uterogeston 200mg orally for 12 days a month

I have always bled within about six days of starting the uterogeston each month but carried on for the full course

This time it was just over three weeks before I started the next uterogeston as I ran out and I completed the whole 12 days without so much as a spot of blood. No feeling at all that I was about to come on

What now?

So fed up. I'm only 41 and periods stopped aged 36 and I starts HRt two years ago for bone protection even though I hate it.
I did get night sweats although no daytime flushing and 2 squirts of gel easil controls this in fact I can get away with less but try not to as want to help my bones

Should I repeat the uterogeston course sooner this time?

Dancinggirl

Re: Not bleeding after progesterone
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 06:07:28 PM »

Hi Bloaty
That should be fine - not all women bleed after finishing the progesterone phase.  Your endometrium may not have built up enough. If you get erratic or problematic bleeding that is worse. Just stick with your usual cycle and I'm sure if you need to bleed you will. I've used Oestrogel with separate progesterones for may years and some months I barely got a trickle and other months it would be quite heavy.  Just make sure you use the full 12 days each time as, according my gynae, this is very important to ensure the endometrium sheds properly.  Just a thought though, do you take the Utrogestan on an empty stomach each night before bed? If you take it with food it may not absorb properly.  DG x

Kittyjay

Re: Not bleeding after progesterone
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 07:09:56 PM »

Hi Bloaty
I also take 200 utrogestan - (age 44) do yours come with applicators like mine? I take them vaginally for days 15-26 and always get a bleed - always feel it's going direct to the 'right place'  quicker this way and avoids the first pass through the liver so feel it's perhaps more 'concentrated' than taking it orally. I know taking it vaginally is not for everyone but also avoids the need for an empty stomach for 2 hours before taking. Maybe worth a thought? Kitty x