News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4130 times)

kpatton56

Hello
« on: September 22, 2015, 07:57:30 PM »

I am 58 and had a hysterectomy when I was 37. I still have my ovaries. I am on Evorel 75mcg patches. I tried coming off them earlier in the year but the flushes and neck and shoulder pain were threatening to put me out of work!
I feel generally well but still have neck and shoulder pain and a lot of muscle tension. I also have a head tremor which seems to be related to the neck pain. My Dr is happy that it isn't anything more sinister. At times my muscles all feel jelly like and I feel dizzy and foggy headed. It is very reassuring to read some of the posts on this site and realise the the loss of hormones can cause all sorts of bizarre symptoms.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 07:59:29 PM »

:welcomemm:   hormones  >:(  ::)

However: has your GP referred you for a cervical spine X-ray?  Maybe speak with a physio to see if there are gentle exercises that would help?

Do you take pain relief?  Tension can cause tremors.

kpatton56

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 08:08:02 PM »

Hi! I have had some physio and I am doing exercises daily. I take an anti-inflammatory regularly. Haven't been referred for an x-Ray so far 😀
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:25:37 PM by katiecurrantbun »

kpatton56

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 09:24:20 PM »

Thanks Sparkle.
I take vitamin d and magnesium. I think things have improved a bit with the magnesium. I have noticed more energy. I seem to need less sleep since I started it 😀

Suzyq

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 03:04:12 AM »

Neck issues at our age are usually cervical degenerative disc disease - quite normal as we age and not related to hormones. I got a mediflow pillow on the advice of my gp and it worked wonders - no more neck ache!!

SadLynda

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 11:04:59 AM »

HI Katie
Welcome to the forum.

I use a McKenzie Roll for my neck at night, cant do without it.  But going to look up the mediflow too, sounds interesting.

kpatton56

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 02:35:13 PM »

Sparkle I take high absorption chelates magnesium 400mgs twice a day and vitamin d 25mcg daily. They are separate.
Suzyq and SadLynda thanks for the tips! Going to source both right away 😀

kpatton56

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 02:42:42 PM »

Both purchased! 😀😀😀

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 02:56:32 PM »

Hello katiecurrantbun and welcome to the forum.

There is nothing like talking to other people who are going through the same thing and I see you have had some good advice already!

Take care.

K.

kpatton56

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 03:23:21 PM »

Thank you! Wish I had found this years ago 😀

kpatton56

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 06:46:38 AM »

Suzyq
The mediflow pillow is amazing!! Thank you for recommending it. Everyone with neck pain needs to get one!!!

Hasbean

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 06:49:05 PM »

Hello !!!im new too and most things about me are degenerating ( except the excess tummy ) and not in a good way !!! Interesting to hear others get joint pain too , I get awful pain between my shoulder blades, your pillow sounds amazing, off to check it out xx

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 06:59:57 PM »

Hi there katiecurrantbun/Suzyq - can you explain the mediflow pillow? I get a lot of neck pain and stiff neck - partly related to exercise but I know other people don't get it doing similar things and similar age or older.

Not sure if I've welcomed you katie so if not  :welcomemm: !

Hurdity x  :)

juliedoc

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 07:11:43 PM »

Hello

I'm new.  I am 52 and have been having hot flushes almost every hour.  I've been to the doctor and he prescribed Elleste Duet.  I've taken the first one but I am nervous having read some others experience on these.  I just hope they work.   :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 07:19:06 PM »

Juliedoc  :welcomemm:

Let us know in your own thread, then you won't get 'lost'  ;)
Pages: [1] 2