Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mood swings  (Read 2089 times)

terri

Mood swings
« on: September 23, 2015, 11:30:46 PM »

Hello all

I wonder if anyone can identify with the way I'm feeling. I have terrible mood swings, up and down, all over the place. I sometimes feel like I'm going mad. I'm totally rational and 'normal' then, out of nowhere a big slump and I'm off on a tangent!
I can't seem to cope with anything the way I used to. Everything seems to overwhelm me.

I'm 54 and thought the menopause was over, but I can't explain this feeling can be anything other than hormonal..can it?

I'd appreciate any thoughts :-\

TropicalVon69

Re: Mood swings
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 06:10:11 AM »

Hi Terry, feeling the same here, its unbearable today....was ready to loose it as can't find pants for my daughter......sometimes I fear for their safety as I get so wound up, just total rage and anxiety and I've so had enough of it...having to get a friend to take daughter to bus station as I can't cope.....overwhelmed and feel like my home and life are in chaos.....going to phone docs and see if she will give me qlaira to try....was ready to freak out yesterday too....feel your pain...yip feel like I'm going mad too....hugs xxx

Babsm67

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »

Hello Terri,  yes, I am exactly the same & it drives me (and the rest of the household) insane!  I posted a thread 'Severe perimenopausal pms' last week because my mood swings are terrible.  I am 48 & still having heavy periods with a shorter cycle but I spend half of that cycle like a cat on a hot tin roof!  Drafted an email to Dr Currie last night & hope to send it later as I am desperate to get this sorted out.  You are definitely not alone!  :hug: xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 09:32:51 AM »

My mood swings were dreadful and very extreme. I could be feeling absolutely okay, then out of the blue I would suddenly get a wave of intense depression and a horrible sunking sensation in my stomach. This would quickly be followed by anxiety. I could then spend up to a 7-10 days feeling incredibly low and depressed.

Then I would suddenly feel it lift from me and in the time it took to make a cup of coffee and drink it I would be back to feeling 100% fine and normal again.

I still don't think anyone believes me (apart from on here) about how suddenly and devastatingly my mood could change.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 11:14:13 AM »

Hello terri and welcome to the forum.

As you can see you are not alone on this one, the power of hormones is huge, and I think unique. I have certainly never before experienced the chemical surges that I've had during this meno journey. If I was impressed I would say they were awesome!

I hope you take some comfort from knowing the cause of your difficulties and let us know how things go for you.

Take care.

K.