Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: just been to docs and feel 2steps forwards 1step back  (Read 1931 times)

mandypepe

just been to docs and feel 2steps forwards 1step back
« on: October 01, 2015, 03:27:07 PM »

I've just been to doctors to discuss results of ecg and my concerns. He examined me and feels certain I don't have  breast cancer, bone cancer or a brain tumor. But he is sending me for an xray on my left arm to confirm this. He also said though that it's too early yet to say if it's menopausal what I'm going through and doesn't think my aching and tingling is hormonal. But he did ask if I have hot flushes. Whic I had to say no to, just in the night ive started to wake up sweaty. So, I feel abit lost and just time I guess is what I have to wait for till everything is ruled out .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: just been to docs and feel 2steps forwards 1step back
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 03:59:09 PM »

Another GP who doesn't understand 'all' that goes with peri-menopause then?  :-\  :bang:

Maybe point him in this direction  ;D.  Explain at your next visit that there are no 'rights or wrongs' in the various symptoms at the start of menopause, nor is there a 'too young' age!

Why an X-ray of the left arm?  :-\ ………. >shrug< ……… A mammogram would be more appropriate  ::)

How long do you have to wait for the X-ray appt.?

mandypepe

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 06:09:44 PM »

After I posted this I phoned the surgery and asked if there was anyone knowledgeable of the menopause. Straight away the receptionist said yes you deffo need to speak to her. So Ive an app next week. At least she can say it's possible or I'm a complete fruitcake. Either way I will have a proper discussion and not feel that it's dismissed. I'm also going to ask her about mammogram. The doctor I saw today had to Google the age range and then told me I don't come into that.  I'm starting to get where many of you ate coming from with the frustration of not been acknowledged or it dismissed. If its not the menopause then fine, but I feel it has to be acknowledged and eliminated. I don't know how to do the head banging emocion but that's how I'm feeling now!

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 07:15:20 PM »

Why not an FSH test to check your levels, I would have thought that would be the most logical first step.

mandypepe

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 07:40:35 PM »

I asked about having a blood test and he said not really just yet. I will ask the doctor on Wednesday about it all. I'm hoping she will be like you lot are and 'just know' .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 10:08:46 PM »

Take a list of symptoms with you and any queries - let us know.

Good idea too to move information forwards, if you don't ask you don't get  ;).  You might ask the GP if she's heard of MM too …...