Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Lower HRT  (Read 2527 times)

moonbeam121167

Lower HRT
« on: September 23, 2015, 05:50:50 PM »

Hi all, been on my lower dose of HRT for about a month or so but have noticed my weight has crept up and this last 2 days I have had a sore right boob and general alot of aches and pains, was on 2 x 100mcg patches but reduced down to 150mcg patch ( 1x100mcg and 50mcg patch ) , havn't had any mood swings to speak of thats why I reduced the dose but I feel achey, fat and now a sore boob  >:( any ideas please

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Lower HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 06:19:21 PM »

Nope.  It's The Change and finding something that suits can be Trial and Error!

Peterspots

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 07:29:54 PM »

Hello. Can I ask how you feel achey. I was on a
High does & then reduced from 175 to 50 (this week) a week into taking the hrt my joints started
To hurt & I have fizzing in my body. Didn't know if this is a side effect. I didn't have these
Symptoms before taking the hrt

Briony

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 04:32:07 PM »

I've never taken such a high dose, but know that each time I have gone altered my dose, initially Ive had increased aches - especially lower back and calves. This went within a month or so on each occasion.

Really interested to see you have been on such high doses of patches. I'm currently on a 2mg BCP but feel I need something stronger as my own system is trying to override the pill. As I cant take a higher dose BCP (due to migraines with aura)  I'm keen to find out more about taking 2 x 100mcg patches instead - which apparently will prevent ovulation and keep your hormones level? The only thing is, I know  of no one else who's done this, and the thought of such a high dose scares me a bit. How did you get on with it? Did you get lots of side effects? Did you take it with cyclical or continuous progesterone?

Really hope you dont mind me asking? Didnt mean to barge into your thread, but am just so pleased to finally  find some ladies with experience of higher  dose patches!

:thankyou:

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 10:02:36 PM »

Hi all, been on my lower dose of HRT for about a month or so but have noticed my weight has crept up and this last 2 days I have had a sore right boob and general alot of aches and pains, was on 2 x 100mcg patches but reduced down to 150mcg patch ( 1x100mcg and 50mcg patch ) , havn't had any mood swings to speak of thats why I reduced the dose but I feel achey, fat and now a sore boob  >:( any ideas please
I didn't know that you could go higher than a 100mcg patch, is this possible?
Did you have to fight for it.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 06:41:42 AM »

I don't want to answer for moonbeam but as I remember she had constant nausea and headaches and a,rash eventually I think.

Every one did think it was an enormous dose.

I'm sure she will be along though to answer for herself.

Honeyb
x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 07:35:23 AM »

Morning ladies, yes I have suffered from headaches for years , think it could be neck related , so now I am trying a half a 10g        amitypyline and the nausea, they just dont know what is the cause maybe just an acidy stomach, so I take Zantac,  I was told by the consultant in the hospital to go on 2 x 100mcg patches and felt ok, lost weight but thought maybe the headaches and nausea was the cause on the high dose but I don't think they have any relation to the HRT, I started getting bouts of bad mood swings and you lovely ladies think it maybe down to a too high dose, so thats why I tried to reduce to 100mcg but kept getting hot flushes, so I added a half a patch ( now using 150mcg patch) and ok but this last few days I am getting a sore left boob, and am putting on a little weight, just don't know what to do, my poor body  ::)