Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Spots on the BCP. Help!  (Read 1747 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Spots on the BCP. Help!
« on: September 19, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »

Have just finished my 2nd pack of Rigevidon and so far it seems to be doing a very competent job of controlling my extreme hormonal mood swings, anxiety and random waves of depression/despair.

I feel more upbeat and calm/centered than I have felt in a couple of years. I am incredibly relieved and grateful that the BCP is helping me.

But...................it's giving me spots. Every day. No matter how careful I am with my skin care routine, I'm getting spots for the first time since I was 14! It's starting to really bug me.

I'm incredibly reluctant to change my brand of Pill as it's working so well for me, but I hate being spotty.

Will my body adjust soon and my skin calm down? Or is this the price I have to pay for feeling better psychologically?

Briony

Re: Spots on the BCP. Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 06:53:52 PM »

I'm sure it will calm down after a few months, GRL, however, it is one of the post progesterone dominant pills available which therefore might cause acne in some people.
If it doesnt clear up, maybe move to a less androgenic progesterone?
This explains it better than I can! x

http://www.avongpeducation.co.uk/handouts/2012/youngpersons/The%20pill%20ladder.pdf

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Spots on the BCP. Help!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 08:25:29 AM »

Thanks for that Briony. Think I will give it another three months and see how it goes.