Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Toenails  (Read 9255 times)

honeybun

Toenails
« on: September 16, 2015, 09:17:24 PM »

Is it just me or does anyone else find it difficult to cut them because they have got so much thicker and harder.

Does anyone use a chiropodist.

I recently discovered the difference between a chiropodist and a podiatrist, so im really not sure what to do.

I don't have bad feet but I don't think I'm doing the best job by trying to cut my nails.

Thoughts anyone.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

Re: Toenails
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:37:12 PM »

Not noticed a lot of difference with mine apart from the effort of cutting them with aches & pains.  ;)

star35

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 09:39:26 PM »

Mine have also got thicker and harder not all of them just two on each foot.I was also thinking of visiting a chiropodist.

getting_old

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 11:29:02 PM »

I've been going to a chiropodist for a number of years now because I have problems with my feet which cause corns etc. and she does cut my toenails for me but I also do them myself and haven't really noticed them getting any thicker, but I am less flexible so have difficulty reaching them.

Scampi

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 08:19:13 AM »

My big toe nails are like hooves!!!  I've thought about taking them to a chiropodist, but for now I cut them (after issuing a shrapnel warning!) and file them a little thinner!

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 08:40:45 AM »

I discovered toe nail clippers which have a rotating clipper head, 360 degrees. They are big & chunky too.

Rebelyell

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 09:00:09 AM »

Honeybun - what is the difference?

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 09:15:24 AM »

Anyone can call themselves a chiropodist will little or no training. But a podiatrist has to be fully qualified. That's why you only get a podiatry appointment with the NHS.

Only know because hubby gets his feet done on the NHS as he is diabetic and he asked the difference.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 09:45:30 AM »

I've been finding mine harder to cut.
Things got much easier when I invested in new, sharper nail clippers!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 04:25:28 PM »

Have them done 'professionally' to get them into shape and get advice? - mine grow so quickly these days  ::)

Thanks for the explanation too!

Linsey44

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 09:24:19 PM »

Hate cutting my toenails, yes they are getting thicker.

Find it easier to get a podiatrist to do my feet every so often.  Also go for pedicures a few times a year and they cut them.

Then usually over summer months every 3 wks i get my toenails  filed shaped and painted in a salon a tenner well spent.  It covers up,all the horrible ridges in your nails.

Linsey

bramble

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 09:31:07 PM »

I go to a chiropodist every couple of months. Used to go because I had stubborn corns but now just go to get my nails cut properly. A luxury I know.

Bramble

SadLynda

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2015, 11:29:49 AM »

like sparkle, my problem is being able to see the b*ggers.  Both DH and I now have to take glasses to the bathroom, he cant shave without his and I can do very little without mine, even with I struggle to see my nails.  Always do them after a bath.

Dulciana

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 09:12:06 PM »

I sometimes get the corner of a nail jabbing the pad of the toe next to it, which hurts when I walk.  When I take my shoes off after I get home, it's obvious that it's been making the toe pad bleed.  I've had this twice recently, different toe and different foot each time.   No extra thickness to speak of, just sharp corners.   ???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 12:32:04 PM »

I get that too, usually 'cos I've forgotten to cut the nails  ::)
Pages: [1] 2