Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: What is magnesium  (Read 2849 times)

Kimberley666

What is magnesium
« on: September 06, 2015, 11:28:07 PM »

Hi ladies what exactly is magnesium and can I take it while taking HRT I need a good nights sleep and have read good reviews about magnesium is spray better than tablets thanks 😟

pricey

Re: What is magnesium
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 12:25:06 PM »

Hi Kimberley666,

I've been using magnesium spray because it's really helped my palpitations. My husband wonders if that's what's giving me the dry mouth. Knowing my luck . . . It's brilliant for headaches and palpitations. Also, epsom salts in a bath are good; they are also rich in magnesium.

x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 12:38:36 PM »

Magnesium is vital for our bones so is often put together with calcium and vitamin D in supplements for bone health. I don't think there are any contraindications which mean you can't use it with HRT.  Perhaps do a net search to do more research but it could be worth trying.  DG x

Kimberley666

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 09:46:29 PM »

Thankyou ladies will do a bit of research 😊

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 01:00:29 AM »

DH has been given a magnesium spray to try recently re restless leg syndrome. It seems to be helping. The blurb says it can help with sleep generally, so I think I shall give it a whirl. Doesn't help with his frequent trips to the loo though.

Sarai

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 01:58:39 PM »

I use the spray as I was too scared to take the pills as I read bad things about side effects and I'm a coward.
I had a massive problem this year with vitamin D after being given 40000 units 4 times, I really suffered I have since learnt that vitamin D depletes magnesium and that might be why I reacted so badly. In the US they always take Vitamin D, vitamin k2 and magensium together for this reason, docs don't tell us that here though.
I believe it has helped my sleep and I've taken to rubbing it on achey bits after reading reviews but I don't know if it really helps them.