Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Superfoods  (Read 11363 times)

purplenanny

Re: Superfoods
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2015, 10:25:08 PM »

Wow GG, that's fascinating, truly.

my DIL echos all you have said and her sister is doing all she can naturally to beat her cancer. She uses a lot of wheatgrass - they grow their own. Their kitchen sometimes looks like a cannabis farm ;D

Which probiotic would you recommend?

Do you know the name of the book you mention?

Keep posting please, the cheesecake recipe would be good if you have time?
PN x x

GeordieGirl

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2015, 10:35:51 PM »

Hi PN,
This is the recipe we used and it was fab - very rich so you only need a small taster, and it keeps well in the freezer too:
http://www.fettlevegan.com/recipes/orange-chocolate-cheesecake

I've been using a probiotic from Nature's Best (acidophillus), I'm not allowed to post a link up but you should be able to find it easily. Fermented foods are very good for your gut's good bacteria.

I suspect the book is called Deliciously Ella too, it's her first cook book but from reading her site it looks like it's proving very popular.

Where does your DIL's sister live? There's a lovely lady I've hooked up with - she was sent home to die in 2011 with liver and pancreatic cancer. She's cured her cancer with no medical intervention whatsoever and she and her husband now run regular lectures in Nottingham area, with a number of good guest speakers and interesting testimonials from others in similar situations too.

Funny you should mention cannabis, there are hundreds of clinical research studies that show the benefit of cannabis oil to treat a myriad of conditions and the US government have a patent on this for use in neurological conditions.  If it was readily available I'd be using that too (the oil is not hallucinogenic at all).  It's worth her looking into laetrile if she isn't already doing so?

GG x

P.S. Pinterest is a fabulous source of recipes too, I've started to use it to collate favourites as I end up forgetting where I found them otherwise.

P.P.S I used Manuka honey rather than agave in the cheesecake, and a smaller amount.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:38:20 PM by GeordieGirl »

purplenanny

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2015, 10:55:21 PM »

Excellent info, thanks GG

Ella's website looks great and I will pass it on to my DIL , as well as the info on laetrile, thank you.

Tomorrow will be cheesecake making and those lovely little energy bites from Ella - yummy!!

I am also picking up my new nutribullet which cost me £2.50 after doubling up my vouchers with Tesco!!

PN x x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 11:50:49 AM »

GG - how are you, were was missed!

SadLynda

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 01:44:57 PM »

Gordie Girl, thank you so much for sharing that information.  Great read :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 04:31:44 PM »

I found 5 lovely bilberries hidden in our shrub last week …….. huge, gave them to DH as all our soft fruits have been sour this year  :-X

We used to pick bilberries when we lived in Wales - the dogs used to help themselves too, only the ripe fruits though.  Our spaniel in more recent years would pick raspberries ……..

groundhog

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2015, 05:50:36 PM »

Great post GG - how are you doing?

I went to a reflexologist on Friday - I was there for 3 hours as she took medical history.  She was recommending an alkaline diet  - to be honest most of the things I eat ( high in protein ) seem to be acid ( meat, dairy ).  It's all so confusing as to what's good and what's not.  The reflexology was blissful so that had to be therapeutic just for the pleasure factor. 

I'm trying ti find a really excellent diet for healing but I can't eat tons of front and veg,  I will look up the links you  provided GG x.

GeordieGirl

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2015, 08:32:00 PM »

Hi all,
Thanks for the warm words - I've missed you  :)  I'm just not very good at multi-tasking so when I'm busy I have to be disciplined, and that means t'internet off (or Google at least). Fortunately I get a bit more time for myself in Autumn.

Groundhog I'm glad the reflexology helped - I love massages but haven't had one for ages. Definitely on my task list. Do listen to your therapist about too much protein, cutting down on sugar and salt (processed foods) will help massively in this.

GG x
Pages: 1 2 [3]