Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Smells like...smoked sausage... (probably one of the weirdest questions ever!)  (Read 19024 times)

I just have to ask, even if I'm risking being labeled as insane... ;)

The last couple of years (give or take) I have on and off had some really, really weird-smelling discharge/vaginal smell. The closest I can desribe it is that it smells like smoked sausage... How weird isn't that?? Not sure exactly at what point in the cycle this happens, but it isn't constant and not combined with any other alarming symptoms. It just smells funny... Anyone else? I'm totally expecting to be alone on this one... ;) !

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Maybe if you keep a food/cyclic diary for 3 months you would have a clue.  I have a thread 'oh errr' you might like to look at ……

I think my sense of taste and of smell have altered in that I can drink cups of tea until mid-afternoon when the tea tastes YUK.  Maybe your sense of smell imagines the smokey sausage?

However, a discharge should be checked  ;) ……. certain bodily odours can indicate certain diseases, i.e. diabetes can be diagnosed because the breath smells of pear drops.

Limpy

It would be best to get any new discharge or smell checked out.

I've not had the smoked sausage smell.
Some not entirely fragrant ones but not smoked sausage, yet   ;D

It's not really a discharge like you might think. It's just my general moistness smelling different from time to time.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Aahhh - could be hiding a low grade infection  :-\ …… or it may be your hormones making your sense of smell different.

countrybumpkin

Bacterial vaginosis can smell odd ::) usually fishy odour but I have had it and the smell was just strange although not smoked sausage! BA with me can come and go on its own and this is quite common that women have it without treatment and then it goes away as the balance in the vagina changes.

Its probably not practicable to get a swab done at the Dr when you have the smell but its worth having a swab done as close to the time of the smell as possible to check for any infection. My Dr'rs let me do the swab myself so saving the waving legs in the air at a poor nurse scenario!