Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can someone help me out pls  (Read 5264 times)

Dandelion

Can someone help me out pls
« on: September 12, 2015, 09:31:28 PM »

Hi

I am sorry I don't come on here much, I don't mean to sound 'I'm alright jack' but I went through a phase, of posting here for help alot, and really appreciated it, as I was trying out various hrt's and doses.

I finally found the right sort for me, evorel 100 and utrogestan.

Menopause and related problems worry me, and although this doesn't sound much help to other ladies on here, who I could help, as my hrt is working well, for taking away the flushes and IBS, there is still residual anxiety and I don't want to feed it by coming on here and making myself more vulnerable to things to worry about, but I am sorry I am not much help.

I've come on here to ask if any of you have some utrogestan100 pills spare that I could have, I only need 5.
I have just remembered to order my repeat online. I did put a reminder in my phone, but when it went off I was distracted by something else.
If no one can, I can buy some online, but as I already have a prescription coming, and then taking into consideration postal costs which can often be expensive, I thought I would ask here first.

I've got 19 of them, and normally, meds only take a few days to arrive, but sods law dictates, that when I have allowed myself to run this low, there will be a problem with the chemist getting hold of it.
So, I was wondering if someone would mind posting me some if they have any spare. I only need 5 of the 100mg pills.

I know I should be more organised, but I find it very very difficult to organise myself, and although I use 'tools' to keep me organised, I get distracted at the time I am reminded, and time to me is probably like letters and numbers to a dyslexic, but as i am not dyslexic I cannot say for sure.

I am on the case, though, I am seeking treatment.
My Austistic spectrum assesor, (dont know his proper job title) suspected some autistic traits, but mainly ADHD, but as he was not officially allowed to make an ADHD diagnosis himself, he suggested I follow it up.
I told him that co-incidentally, I had already been referred by my GP for ADHD assessment as well, after giving her a list of symptoms.

Anyway, last week, I had an assessment at the ADHD centre and the assessor said that while she thinks I have ADHD traits, only a consultant can officially diagnose it. Apparently, he should have been there with the assessor, on that day, but he could not make it. He is supposed to be an ADHD expert.
The reason I brought the ADHD up, is because I know I am not very well organised, because sometimes I find it, beyond difficult, everything is just chaos.
The good news is, that if the consultant thinks I have it, there is special ADHD medication available, and also a five week course on ADHD coping skills, which I expressesd an interest in.
I would get the inbuilt evorel patch with progesterone in, but I was put off by some of the ladies negative mood deteriorating experiences of it, and that is the last thing I need.

So, if somene could spare me a few utro pills, please pm me.

honeybun

Re: Can someone help me out pls
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 09:41:31 PM »

If you have 19 left then I'm sure you will be able to get your script in time. It's nearly three weeks worth so I really wouldn't worry if I were you, I'm sure things will be fine if you order first thing on Monday.

Trouble is unless someone has stopped taking them then it will leave them short and GPs really don't like that.

Sure things will be fine for you.

Honeybun
X

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 10:14:32 PM »

If you have 19 left then I'm sure you will be able to get your script in time. It's nearly three weeks worth so I really wouldn't worry if I were you, I'm sure things will be fine if you order first thing on Monday.

Trouble is unless someone has stopped taking them then it will leave them short and GPs really don't like that.

Sure things will be fine for you.

Honeybun
X
Hi honeybun
Thanks for your speedy reply.
I only have 9 days supply as I take 200mg a day.

Sods law is what brought me here, asking for spares, because sometimes, the chemist either gets things wrong, or has trouble with supplier, and sods law states that this time, when I am near to running out, will be one of those times that there may be delays in the chemist being able to stock them for one reason or another.

I guess I could order them online, but I don't know any reputable sites that stock them and could post them to me within 8 days, counting out weekends.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a site that could supply me with a box I would also be grateful, you can pm me if you want.

There was a times when I have a glut of supplies with meds and hrt. I never waste them though.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 06:23:07 PM »

If you contact the National Autistic Society you should get 'proper' assessment and advice!

If you speak with a pharmacist 2-morrow you will get advice.  I went on holiday several years ago and left all my meds. behind, we went to a Pharmacist for a chat and he gave me 5 tablets to last through the week. 

I find that making lists can help me to be organised: as long as I remember where I've left the list as well as remembering to read it  ::).  My worst problem is my reading glasses, where I've left them: 'don't put them down put them up' doesn't work  :D, 'a place of everything' etc.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 11:03:10 AM »

Hi Dandelion

Just a very quick message as I am really busy at the moment and no time really to be on the forum but just to say - I saw your post and if you haven't managed to get any from your pharmacist or whatever I can let you have some - I have loads and won't use them all - they're going out of date (well the 200 mg).

Please pm me your name and address and if you want 200 mg or 100 mg. I live in a village with no shops or PO and am out and about this week although not necessarily in a town but hopefully would be able to get to PO later in the week to post?

Anyone who disapproves btw (of my sending prescription meds thought the post) - I know that utrogestan, being natural bio-identical progesterone, cannot do any harm at all even if someone was taking it and not prescribed it. I would not send for example actual medication (eg ADs, thyroid medication etc - not that I have these) to someone I don't know in RL - however much I thought I knew them on here.

In haste

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 02:12:27 PM »

Hello Dandelion.
I have two packets of Utrogestan 100 that I could send to you straightaway. PM me your details and I'll put them in the post.
Hope this helps and take care.
K.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 04:33:19 PM »

I sense a black market  ;D ………

Tena-lady anyone  ;) ………

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 05:46:07 PM »

If you contact the National Autistic Society you should get 'proper' assessment and advice!

If you speak with a pharmacist 2-morrow you will get advice.  I went on holiday several years ago and left all my meds. behind, we went to a Pharmacist for a chat and he gave me 5 tablets to last through the week. 

I find that making lists can help me to be organised: as long as I remember where I've left the list as well as remembering to read it  ::).  My worst problem is my reading glasses, where I've left them: 'don't put them down put them up' doesn't work  :D, 'a place of everything' etc.
I am being seen by the NHS adhd department.
It was an NHS autistic assessor who said I might have ADHD but I do have some autistic traits.
I am waitign for an NHS psychiatrist to diagnose me, waiting for a letter through the post, as I had an assessment 2 weeks ago by the ADHD clinic, but the woman who saw me cannot diagnose even though she wuspsects it.
The psychiatrist was supposed to be there that day but he wasnt available.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 05:53:50 PM »

I have some OCD and autistic spectrum tendencies …….. a friend who works for the NAS often tells me 'that's autistic behaviour ………. '

It does seem strange that someone in the ADHD Clinic was unable to offer a diagnosis  :-\ and that you have to wait for a Psychiatrist …...

Dandelion

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 05:58:14 PM »

I have some OCD and autistic spectrum tendencies …….. a friend who works for the NAS often tells me 'that's autistic behaviour ………. '

It does seem strange that someone in the ADHD Clinic was unable to offer a diagnosis  :-\ and that you have to wait for a Psychiatrist …...
She said that was the norm, because I queried this at the time.
My GP had referred me to the ADHD clinic.
The psychiatrist just wasn't available that day, she said that normally, there would be two people assessing them.
I asked her what she thought and she said that she thought I showed ADHD traits, and she had a notepad, plus two of my schol reports, and a list of things I had written, although I missed someo important things off.
She sid he is an AHDD expeet.

Why the negative emoticon, I get this sometimes on these boards and it puts me off coming and posting.
Not from everyone though.
Menopause took me by surprise, I thought it was something that came in the early 50's like my mum etc, with a few flushes and stoppage of periods, but I was in for a very big surpise.
It started a decade earlier than expected and physical health problems I had never had before.
It seems to have exacerbated a lot of problems I have with doing stuff and interacting with the world. I am still and always have been a very gentle and friendly person, but I do tend to attract negativity, from some people, but most are ok.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:03:13 PM by Dandelion »

Dandelion

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 05:59:17 PM »

Hi Dandelion

Just a very quick message as I am really busy at the moment and no time really to be on the forum but just to say - I saw your post and if you haven't managed to get any from your pharmacist or whatever I can let you have some - I have loads and won't use them all - they're going out of date (well the 200 mg).

Please pm me your name and address and if you want 200 mg or 100 mg. I live in a village with no shops or PO and am out and about this week although not necessarily in a town but hopefully would be able to get to PO later in the week to post?

Anyone who disapproves btw (of my sending prescription meds thought the post) - I know that utrogestan, being natural bio-identical progesterone, cannot do any harm at all even if someone was taking it and not prescribed it. I would not send for example actual medication (eg ADs, thyroid medication etc - not that I have these) to someone I don't know in RL - however much I thought I knew them on here.

In haste

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity

There is somethign wrong with my inbox at the moment,
I cannot send you a message as there is no 'send message' button.
I also could not find the message somemeone sent me today.
i managed to send a pm by clicking your name.

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 06:22:14 PM »

Have you requested a prescription. As lots of ladies have mentioned on your other topic you should have loads of time to get things ordered from your chemist.
If the one you use is slow then try another one.

For me the turn around is 48 hours. The pharmacist that I use is a friend and she has told me she can call suppliers in the morning and the medication is delivered later the same day.

Hope you have been to the chemist and therefore there should be no problem at all as you have still got over a weeks supply left.

Honeybun
X

Dandelion

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 06:47:40 PM »

Have you requested a prescription. As lots of ladies have mentioned on your other topic you should have loads of time to get things ordered from your chemist.
If the one you use is slow then try another one.

For me the turn around is 48 hours. The pharmacist that I use is a friend and she has told me she can call suppliers in the morning and the medication is delivered later the same day.

Hope you have been to the chemist and therefore there should be no problem at all as you have still got over a weeks supply left.

Honeybun
X
Hi HB

Yeah, my repeat request went in on saturday.
The surgery saw it.
Mostly the chemist is fine, but the do run out of stock a few times as well on the odd occasion, and occasionally there are problems with the supplier and as I left it till the last minute to order, I thought that sods law would dictate that this would be one of those times they would run out of stock.
I used to be on valium liquid and there was often delays with this, sometimes it would be a case of, we ran out, supplier is having problems, and we can't tell you when it will be in, kinda things.
Some of the kind ladies on here have offered me spares so when I go to the chemist tomorrow, it will be probably be there, but I do beleive in sods law or murphy's law, and when things go wrong, although there is never a good time, they pick the worst of times.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 02:30:24 PM »

I am concerned that you were invited to an assessment but the person who could 'give' the diagnosis and therefore suggest coping strategies etc. was unavailable - bad practice! therefore  :-\

Why does it put you off posting?  Have you had negative responses from us ……..  ???

Did you get the medication sorted? 

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2015, 09:19:15 AM »

Did you get my pm Dandelion? There is some in the post - you should get it within the next couple of days.

Hurdity   :) x
Pages: [1] 2