Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Consumer law-can anyone advise?  (Read 13555 times)

purplenanny

Re: Consumer law-can anyone advise?
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2015, 10:09:03 PM »

The glass of wine helped  ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2015, 11:20:28 PM »

These curtains were made from scratch so at which point do they become 'service' and not 'goods'  :-\ ……..

The goods are the curtains, the service was making them, delivering them ……….

purplenanny

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2015, 08:00:52 AM »

I totally agree with that, but TS don't see it that way!!
No rights for me. Now I get repaired goods for a new price!!
Unfair :(
PN x x

Taz2

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2015, 08:02:07 AM »

Did you get no joy from Section 75 pn?

Taz x

purplenanny

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2015, 08:53:57 AM »

Hi Taz
No sadly not. TS said that the credit card company would contact the trader in the first instance to mutually agree a repair. If the repair was not satisfactory then they will refund

I do think it is all very misleading. As CLKD says, it is goods, not just a service

The anxiety and time on my part does not seem to be acknowledged at all

I would have hoped the trader would have seen sense. I have no idea how she will add more pleats or repair actual fabric faults!
We will have to wait and see
PN x x

honeybun

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2015, 09:03:38 AM »

Has she said how long it will take. Doesn't sound as if they can be redone to your spec. Maybe she will have to start again or hopefully realize there is nothing to be done and cut her losses and give you a refund.

Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Honeyb
x

purplenanny

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2015, 09:12:28 AM »

She said she would do them  as quickly as possible, whatever that is

I can't see it as being worth her while as she will have to add more fabric. I strongly believe she sourced them out originally. Lets hope she sees sense as I just want it done with.

Thanks HB

PN x x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2015, 09:43:56 AM »

"Time is of the essence" - decide when you want them back i.e. 14/28 days and send her an e-mail stating such as well as a copy in the package. 

purplenanny

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2015, 07:53:07 AM »

Would you believe I still don't have my curtains !

I agreed to a remake, with a few changes from my original request as they were not possible, according to the supplier, even though her customer service said they were.

many emails went between us agreeing everything  and the go ahead (with little confidence)

12 days later no curtains, so sent an email on Monday asking for a delivery date. Reply same day saying pins were in the post today and curtains normally follow 2 days later. Email Tuesday saying workshop had emailed me last week (no, they didn't) as they can't make part of the heading to how we had agreed.

I am so stressed over this. I paid and ordered 9 weeks ago. I am still unable to sleep in that room.

TS said before that I had to be seen to be being reasonable and give her fair  time to correct matters. I think I have done this, on more than one occasion.

I have now wriiten her a letter giving 7 days for a full refund. I have also reinstated my claim with the credit card for either a chargeback or section 75. If they disagree this time I think I will fall apart. I really do not need this hanging over me any more, it is so unfair. They will confirm by Friday apparently

I cannot believe how long this has gone on.

I feel bad as compared to what some people are suffering health wise, this must seem pathetic. But thanks for listening ladies

PN x x

Limpy

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2015, 10:16:58 AM »

You've given her plenty of time.
Things like this are so stressing. I know getting wound up doesn't help but I can't stop myself.
I would be stressed to in your shoes but at least you can move things forward.

purplenanny

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2015, 10:44:54 AM »

Thanks for your compassion Limpy.

I don't hold out much hope but I will try to remain positive. They were a very expensive mistake :(

PN x x

Scampi

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2015, 12:14:59 PM »

You're not pathetic at all, PN.  You are stressed and that is completely understandable.  Never apologise for the way YOU feel - you are every bit as justified as anyone else to 'vent'.

I sincerely hope you get this sorted to your satisfaction soon - it must be a huge weight hanging over you, and one you are reminded of every day when you cannot use the room for which the curtains were intended. 

purplenanny

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2015, 12:58:18 PM »

Thank you for your kind words scampi. You have understood my situation perfectly
PN x x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]