Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Give me strength!!!  (Read 5068 times)

Joyce

Give me strength!!!
« on: September 22, 2015, 02:39:05 PM »

Hubby comes in from work a short while ago, saying lots of "fresher's flu" going about & thinks he's fighting off something. Being my usual unsympathetic self I said that he comes away with that every year & every year there's nowt wrong with him. He asks to lie on the sofa as he's feeling "rough." He then has control of TV. Literally nods off holding controls mid air with TV on the menu. He always does this, drives me insane. "You're at it again" says I. He then has a go at me saying he doesn't tell me off for falling asleep. Eh? I told him that wasn't the problem it's the falling asleep with tv on menu. Arghhhhh give me strength! Now he's snoring.  :bang:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Give me strength!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 02:45:08 PM »

If he has 'flu then he needs to be in bed -  ;).  When I had 'flu I couldn't tolerate noise, light, TV/radio ……..  :whist: maybe a cold compress on his head as you lead him to the spare room  :D

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 02:51:59 PM »

Thing about freshers flu CLKD is...it's not flu  ;D

Hope my daughter avoids it this year but I'm not holding my breath.

My hubby can fall asleep with a glass of wine in his hand and if you start to take it off him he wakens up and scowls  ::).

Hope he gets better soon CG

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 02:59:29 PM »

Definitely not flu, he hasn't even got snuffles CLKD. He's tired & that's all. If I change channels he magically wakens & says he was watching prog. My hubby can fall asleep likewise HB. Not saying I don't nod off on sofa, but I prefer silence & my glass is always on the floor.  ;D