News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shoes  (Read 8812 times)

Dulciana

Re: Shoes
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 08:52:06 PM »

I just long to be able to wear heeled shoes again.  I don't dare wear them while I've still got the slightest hint of discomfort where my fracture was - at least, not until after my concert in December.   I could just about wear them now, but I can't risk further damage to a foot that I'll be using on the night.   December!  Oh my goodness, is the year passing slowly in that respect! 

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 09:29:58 PM »

I have to find comfy shoes for son's wedding. Arghhhhhhh

Scampi

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 01:06:18 PM »

I have slippers, my work shoes, a pair of canvas-type shoes for when the weather is nice, sandals for if it's ever REALLY nice, 2 pairs of trainers (one sturdy pair and a lighter pair), a pair of boots for cold/wet weather and one pair of heels I can only wear if I don't have to be on my feet for any length of time!  I have wide, flat, arthritic feet so heels and me don't get on at all!  I've struggled for years to find footwear to fit, but I've now found Hotter and Sketchers and my feet are happy!

Oh - I almost forgot the shoes I got for when we went to Disneyland in summer, just because I loved them!  Extremely light-weight 'foamy' soles, uppers made from woven rainbow glittery elastic!!  They just made me smile.

SadLynda

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2015, 01:43:55 PM »

I have no idea how many pairs I have, too many.

BUT, I wear... walking boots for work, trainers when not at work, fur-lined crocs as slippers ;) and muck boots for when its wet or raining.

Dorothy

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 09:08:23 PM »

I have

2 pairs wellies
2 x safety boots
1 x walking boots
3 x slippers
3 x flipflops
1 x lace up ankle boots for cold summer weather
2 x skechers boots for winter
1 x boots which I found in a charity shop for £15 which were originally next
1 x boots with heels which I bought in desperation when I couldn't find anything flat to fit me and now never wear since I found boots with no heels.

I have terrible trouble finding shoes & boots to fit as I am very wide-fitting with a high instep and dodgy ankles. Skechers and Hobos are great.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 12:25:07 PM »

I take a size 8 and have a wide foot so when I do manage to find shoes that fit I tend to buy in bulk (well that's my excuse anyway ;))

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 02:47:33 PM »

I love footwear.  I wear MuckBoots for wet dog walks, jobs around the horses etc.  I wear sandals from the warmest day in Spring until I go into socks which isn't yet!!  I have several pairs and also some expensive walking sandals which are so comfy.  I'm a walker and I have some lovely brown leather walking boots, now about 3 years old and on warm days I wear trainers which I was gait tested for!   ;D ;D They're lovely and comfy too.

As soon as the weather gets cooler I wear leather biker style boots. I have several pairs and am on the lookout for a new pair.  Thought I had found them yesterday ... Bottle green leather with a strap across. Tried  on right foot. perfect!  Left foot wouldn't even go in.  Girl brought another pair and they were just the same.  She then brought a half size bigger and they were much too big.

I am very lucky to have good feet. I have never had a corn or bunion or any foot problems.  I did break a toe last winter though and that was annoying.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 03:18:21 PM by Pennyfarthing »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 02:50:00 PM »

I haven't shed my socks yet  ;D ………..

DH attends to the corn under my R foot.  Otherwise, feet for the amount of wear they receive, are GOOD!

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 06:15:41 PM »

Good grief CLKD ....is there anything that man doesn't do for you  :o

If I asked my hubby to attend to a corn, he would tell me to take a hike....and I'm not kidding.

Do you do the same for him.

I don't do feet....in fact I hate feet....feet, apart from my own make me queasy  ;D

Honeybun
X

littleminnie

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2015, 06:19:36 PM »

The only feet I like are babies feet. They are so cute.

Joyce

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2015, 07:51:52 PM »

Mine would tell me where to go too! He in fact has ugliest feet ever. Murder trying to get shors which are wide enough. His second toe is huge compared to big toe. 

honeybun

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2015, 08:45:58 PM »

TMI about your hubbies feet CG  ;D

Please don't tell me he has hairy toes too  :o

Yes babies feet are lovely ....apart from that ...yuk.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2015, 09:15:04 PM »

No, not too hairy!  ;D Son has been blessed with same weird toe but his feet aren't ugly.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2015, 09:58:52 PM »

DH has lovely feet ……… I love them the best of all of him 'cos they get them to me  :-* ……. and he hasn't corns.

Wellies packed in the camper, in case it rains over the weekend
Pages: 1 [2]