Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Which patch is sticky :o)  (Read 3280 times)

Pollie

Which patch is sticky :o)
« on: September 11, 2015, 04:37:29 PM »

Evening all

After an investigation for a cancer scare and having being given the all clear, subject to second set of biopsies which I expect to be absolutely fine -  I am going to be 'allowed' back on HRT in one months time ......woohoo  :) I truthfully can not wait

I have just had  mirena coil fitted (again)so am after advice as to which patches stick best. I have very dry skin but do not use moisturisers because of patch, but I really struggle because patch won't stick well to very dry skin.

I have in the past used elleste 2x weekly and femseven 1 x weekly.

Neither were brilliant in that they often came off in bath/shower or after excercise so wondered what you ladies have experience of ??

Any recommendations ?

Pollie

X

Briony

Re: Which patch is sticky :o)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 05:30:39 PM »

That's great news!

I used Evorel patches and never had a problem with sticking. They survived baths and exercise intact! x

Galadriel

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 06:46:50 PM »

Woohoo! Great news.

I use Estradot and they've survived Disney water parks, flume rides, hot tubs and body boarding.

I've only lost one and that was in the run-off channel of a five-story drop flume ride. It was stuck to my butt (should have stuck to belly) and it got wooshed off. If I tell you my bikini bottoms were firmly wedged where the sun don't shine, this will give you an idea of the force needed to remove it.  ;D

Galadriel x

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 07:57:12 PM »

I use Evorel patches.
They stick like the proverbial to the blanket.
Well, they do stick awfully well.

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 08:09:51 PM »

Hi
I find that Evorel have been best for me.
xXx

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 09:54:55 PM »

Evorel for me, and I second what Limpy says  ;D

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 10:21:06 PM »

Estradot stick well, though never put through the same vigorous testing as GD!  ;D They have survived a few Caribbean holidays of 32°+, also many pool dunkings trying to cool off.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 09:00:31 AM »

Ditto Estradot but not the flumes! Have always used these (apart from 3 months of Evorel way back - and these are enormous by comparison!).

Mine come off now and again but often only if I'm lazy pulling down my low-waist jeans without undoing them properly, and also sometimes if sunbathing and getting very hot sitting in a chair or something. Most of the time in normal use it's fine. Of course you have to be careful not to rub that area vigorously after shower/bath as it can get loosened sometimes - but I do the warm palm thing if I feel it lifting off slightly.

I wouldn't want to use one that was only changed weekly though (Femseven).

Hurdity x

Salad

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 10:31:32 AM »

Evorel really stuck well - left my skin red peeling it off :)
I'm now using Femseven but change it day 5 instead of 7 as I get a better hormone balance and it's usually ready to drop off then anyway   ;D

Pollie

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 08:56:58 PM »

Thanks for everyone's replies so far !

Evorel really stuck well - left my skin red peeling it off :)
I'm now using Femseven but change it day 5 instead of 7 as I get a better hormone balance and it's usually ready to drop off then anyway   ;D

That's really interesting about 5 instead of 7 days. How do you get a better balance ? Does it release more hormones at the beginning ?

Pollie

Salad

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 11:58:03 PM »

Hi Pollie

It's been through trial and error  :)
No idea why but as the patch started to lift about this time I don't think I absorbed properly. If I persevered wearing the patch then I had symptoms day 6-7. So I started changing on the 5th day and have felt much better. Occasionally the patch drops off before day 5!

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 05:59:37 PM »

That sounds like a great idea for Femseven users Salad - I hadn't thought of that - just means keeping note on the calendar of when to change. I always thought it must be difficult keeping it stuck for that length of time because even my twice weekly ones do lift slightly at the edges.

There are studies carried out of release of estradiol from patches but the results vary. In general it takes 12 hours to reach the maximum and then it very gradually drops day by day - of course the fall being more pronounced if it comes unstuck a bit. They shouldn't run out before the time though as they contain way more estradiol than the amount stated that they release - and are designed to give an approximately stable supply of estradiol for the period they are stuck on  - although there will be variability between women!

Hurdity x

Salad

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 04:51:59 PM »

Hi Hurdity - thanks for the info :)

Made me laugh, having written on this thread this last patch stuck so well I left it to the night of day 6!

I'm much more stable (hormonally) now I'm not changing patches so frequently.