Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So what did I come in here for?  (Read 4932 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: So what did I come in here for?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 01:36:47 PM »

I have to point to items too during conversations and don't get me started on remembering names of people!  :o ……. I can read a book or the newspaper and not remember what I've read.  I put papers aside then forget why …… but I've been like this for years, when I had regular pen friends I have a booklet in which I put when I received letters and dates when I replied …… I know at lot this is due to my Mum not allowing me to think for myself, so my brain wasn't stimulated properly.  I only realised when I had moved away how controlling she had been over every aspect of my Life and it has taken years to get my brain in any kind of 'gear'.  Strange though how my brain remembers sad events ……..  :'(

Gill - when stressed my OCD tendencies kick in so I make a list as to for example, when I should hand wash - ticked off it makes me realise how often I am going to the taps but the list/s do help ease my need to check.  Would a list of lists make your stress worse or relieve it a little?

Kristy

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 11:21:20 AM »

I was going to contribute to this thread but um........I erm.....mmm......can't remember why :P. Give me a few minutes and I'm sure it will come back to me... ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 01:47:56 PM »

Did it yet  :D

Kristy

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 07:19:36 AM »

Yep, I remembered that I had to go to the living room to get something, except that halfway there I started to forget why I was going there. I hoped I would remember by the time I got there. Alas, I didn't so I retraced my footsteps back to the bedroom. I then remembered exactly what I wanted from the living room and managed to get there a second time without forgetting!!
Yay!!  :P  ::)

Babsm67

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 08:06:18 AM »

Just seen this thread and had to join in as I have done similar - gone upstairs to get something then gone 'blank', thinking 'What did I come up here for?'.  I inevitably take something else downstairs then remember what I SHOULD have got in the first place!  Also end up trying to find the 'right' word to insert in a sentence whilst talking.  The other evening, I was saying something to my husband about his workplace (we were talking about spiders!!) & I said something along the lines of '. So you tend to find really big ones in the.. the.......  building!'. Why couldn't I think of the right word to start with  ???  I have to have the calendar with spaces for writing down appointments, birthdays etc.  as it would be pointless me having a diary for that - I would never remember to check it!!   :D x
Pages: 1 [2]