Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Hysterectomy, then oophrectomy, then HRT -now panic due to breast problems  (Read 19145 times)

vonnie

I would also be grateful if anybody knows the cause of severe leg cramps/aches etc.  I was advised that magnesium helps -but so far it hasn't.

Please anybody got any ideas or positive suggestions -I really am at the end of my tether now.

peegeetip

Hi Vonnie

I'm at a bit of a loss as to your earlier post.

"Confirmation that I must not take any further HRT"

The biopsy was clear??

This could just be natural progression in your breasts.
I cannot see why that should or would preclude you from benefits of HRT.

We don't do this for any other drugs we take??

Sorry your having such a time with leg problems.
What you describe is exactly what I had before I started on HRT.
Nothing worked for me and then when I started on my HRT, it all disappeared.

Sorry, I know thats not what you probably want to hear but surely its your choice to remain on HRT??
The link they have is tenuous to say the least.

Sounds like your having a difficult time on these other alternatives.
Could the cure be to go back to HRT and just accept their tenuous risk?!

I hope you get something to help your legs but if your like me only one things helped.

:-* :-* :-*

vonnie

Thanks for your post.For confirmation my biopsy was clear-but advised by the consultant to cease my hrt with immediate effect, due to family history and the fact that I am at high risk -previously hormone items have resulted in me having breast cysts drained -(three in one go), proving that the hormones have a serious impact on my breast tissue.

So, at the moment its a definite no to hrt-as for the legs I could scream, I had two and half hours sleep last night-I am shattered.

Deb51

I read Epsom salts (pure magnesium sulphate) in your bath and soak for 20 mins is the best way to absorb magnesium.  Great muscle relaxer, good for the heart muscles as well as legs etc.
goggle it.

Are you finding that your leg pains are a withdrawal symptom from HRT?
Have you been examined for trapped nerve or anything else?

Sometimes I find I get better help from the locum Dr as if they are trying to prove themselves.

My mum in her old age was put on what I call happy pills and she had to try different ones before she found one that didn't give her problems, she's now on paroxetine, the smallest dose. The others gave her depression and suicidal feelings when they are supposed to do the opposite.  Maybe you need to look at yours in detail.
I feel for you, it is a nightmare and I hope you get some relief and help soon and sleep!

ancient runner

Your posts bring to mind a friend of mine who has fibromyalgia - there are widespread symptoms of which pain is a major one.

vonnie

Thanks for the posts.

I will look at magnesium in the bath etc to see if this helps, legs are really bad -again had less than two hours sleep last night-just could not get comfy at all due to the aches-really could scream with not knowing what to do with them.

Think I will need to discuss medication etc again-I will arrange a further visit to see gp
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

vonnie

Legs are awful, pains are severe and I am struggling to walk upstairs etc.

Any advice please-on magnesium , not sure what else I can do. 

Otherwise the anti-depressants are controlling flushes now -although I am on 40mg citalopram I am still struggling to sleep etc.

Taz2

Hi vonnie - sorry you are still suffering. I just wondered if you had considered the citalopram as a possible cause for your leg pains. I had dreadful leg cramps when I tried prozac a few years ago and was told that some people do get this as a side effect of SSRIs.

The usual dose for controlling hot flushes is 10mg.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

40 is a high dose.

Have you tried lots of bananas in case your leg symptoms are due to lack of potassium?

vonnie

Thanks for the posts -I hadn't even thought about the citol being a side effect of leg cramps etc.  I will definitely have to discuss with the gp.

Unfortunately I don't eat bananas -as I have various bowel issues as well and they do not suit me, will have to see if any other foods may be good.

Thanks again for the posts and advice -very useful.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

There is a list of potassium enriched foods ……… if you do the 'google' trick it should show you  ;)

peegeetip

Re: Hysterectomy, then oophrectomy, then HRT -now panic due to breast problems
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2015, 12:53:32 PM »

How are you getting on vonnie

the bowel issues are often down to lowered estrogen I'm afraid too.

Just wondering if your other family members with breast issues - did any of them take HRT.

On another post we've discussed that often cysts occur due to unopposed estrogen during and after full meno.

Your doc stopping the HRT could in fact make things worse.

Having regular progesterone can often calm and even stop these cysts occurring.

However you'd need time to let that happen which your doc is not allowing.

Hrt also helped my "dead leg" feelings too. Sounds similar but mainly affected me whilst in bed.

Let us know how your doing.

:-*
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 01:05:21 PM by peegeetip »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]