Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Is this it?  (Read 2268 times)

Spangles

Is this it?
« on: September 08, 2015, 07:06:44 PM »

Hi ladies,
For the last couple of months I've had more bad days than good days, I'm just wondering if this is how my life will be from now on? I just get anxious for nothing and I feel like a yoyo I'm that up and down. Does anyone else feel like this? I'm just worried I'll stay like it forever.
Shellb
xXx

Hurdity

Re: Is this it?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 07:23:21 PM »

Hi shellb

Sorry to hear you are feeling like this - I think you are on HRT aren't you but I can't remember where you are in menopause? Maybe you need to change your dose, or something in your life isn't going quite as you want it to? If you can be more specific we can try to help! This absolutely is not it! "It" is within your power to change!!!

In the meantime here's a  :bighug:

Hurdity x  :)

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 07:24:18 PM »

Positive thinking,

Hormones settle as we get older rather than the big highs and lows of peri where they change from one hour till another.

Things will get better......just keep repeating that

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 07:30:09 PM »

It isn't called 'the change' for nowt ……… nothing lasts for ever  ;)

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 05:58:50 AM »

Hi ladies,
yes I am on HRT evorel 50, utrogestan 200, I also take 40 of citalopram.ive been on HRT for just over 3 years and Ad's for about 12. I thought I was settled on the HRT that I use now but last month I had an early bleed accompanied but low mood and anxiety. I'm 3 days into the utrogestan and just feel awful again, anxiety about everything and anxiety about staying in this mood you name it everything is making me feel anxious, or is it just meno anxiety and I am looking for a reason for it? I've woke up this morning feeling sick with the anxious tummy and I have no reason to feel like this so I look for a reason and that makes it worse. I feel like I'm on a merry go round that won't stop!
Sorry for ranting but I hate feeling like this and don't know what to do to feel better.
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

dazned

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 08:43:35 AM »

My first hrt worked fine for a few years but then it didn't  :-\

Guess as our own hormones deplete you need to look to adjust your meds accordingly.

SadLynda

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 09:40:09 AM »

rubbish isnt it? keep telling myself 'this too will pass' its a constant mantra :)

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 07:58:18 PM »

Yes it will pass! As has been said if you are still peri-menopausal (which you must be) you are still at the mercy of your hormones to some extent. Yes as dazned said maybe you need a slightly higher dose of oestrogen now. What were your periods doing when you started HRT and how old are you?

Hurdity x

Spangles

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 05:09:21 AM »

Hi,
 I'm 47 and my periods were very irregular before HRT,  sometimes they would be up to 4-5 months apart so it makes me wonder how far along I am. The periods I get now are very light but extremely painful almost as if my body is being forced to bleed, if that makes sense?
Shellb
xXx