Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Panicking!  (Read 6490 times)

Claireylou

Re: Panicking!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 09:46:53 AM »

When I was having normal, regular periods but experiencing lots of other symptoms, I would spend my time wishing my periods would go really wonky just so I could put all my other symptoms down to hormones if that makes sense. But now they have gone really wonky I seem to spend my time freaking out! Xx

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 11:21:18 AM »

I feel the exact same way. My periods have been "odd" for a couple of years, I think. Odd for me is light and with a lot of mucus (yeah - yuck!). My last period I had ONE day when the flow was heavy enough to use a tampon. Then just very light flow/brown discharge. Then we have the other strange symptoms. My stomach. Cramps on and off. Breasts swollen/sore/itchy on and off. Flushed face on and off. Insomnina on and off. I don't know what to make of it most days..... :(

Claireylou

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 11:25:32 AM »

It's horrible isn't it? The uncertainty of it all can be draining xx

BrightLight

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 12:52:35 PM »

Also feel better knowing I am not alone, I know that but it is easy to forget.  Yes, the uncertainty is draining, I just had a heavy period, that hasn't happened for a few months and now spotting for days after, this has also happened before but I still keep feeling anxious that 'something isn't right' and looking for my 'old' reference points.  Maybe the brain needs to catch up with the new 'rules' ;)

Claireylou

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2015, 01:18:14 PM »

I agree. Sometimes I can feel quite confident about my changing body, but most of the time just the smallest change sets me off into a big, blind panic. Today the brown discharge has stopped but I think I've made myself sore down there from wiping all the time (sorry tmi)  :-\

BrightLight

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2015, 01:31:55 PM »

It has helped me a little to use a tracker - I use one online, but you can get apps - there is a slight pattern emerging, as in a collection of 'odd' things that seem to follow each other.  It might not help with anxiety as of course all that can change too, but maybe it will help just to write it down and then forget it and if you need to refer back for any reason you will have a record.

I just note when certain obvious things happen, like when periods start and stop and what the flow or spotting was like, any pain or PMT type things. I think it just helps me - I just looked back and can see this pattern has happened before, a slow to start period, then heavy (horrid) and then spotting lightly for a good few days.

Maybe you will discover that this brown discharge did in fact fall in a 'sort of' cycle time frame. x

Claireylou

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2015, 01:40:14 PM »

Thank you for the advice BrightLight. I'm going to have a look in the App Store to see if I can find one.

Thank you xx

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2015, 01:43:28 PM »

I use an app too. It does give you a sligth sense of "control"...

Claireylou

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 01:48:42 PM »

20032003 it would be really lovely if I could claw back a tiny bit of control xx

BrightLight

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 01:50:23 PM »

It has definately helped me stop analysing when I start too - I write it down, say to myself that I have made note and get back to 'watching' what is going on from a calmer, detached space.  If something is ongoing and unusual enough, I will seek help - it's just a useful barometer for me to help with the stress of the uncertainty :)

Claireylou

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 01:59:32 PM »

Thank you so much Brightlight. I've found an app and will start using. At least I will feel pro active xx  :)

BrightLight

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 02:01:28 PM »

Great :)  Yes, it's a mind game, the sense of control feels good (even if it is fleeting) x

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2015, 02:18:12 PM »

I like how mine shows my "fertile window" and when I'm supposed to ovulate. It gives me some explanantion to feeling weird sometimes. Like today. Ive been feeling slightly crampy and have had some watery discharge. Aha.... My app suggests that I should be ovulating on Tuesday. Might explain my symptoms then!

Machair

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 09:20:33 AM »

I know exactly how you are feeling. I have had this too- trying to start but can't. Can't say for sure it is normal but common it certainly is. My advice would be to chart things and if it feels wrong then seek advice. Bleeding following high oestrogen signs like ovulation mucus, sore breasts, PMT, is much less likely to be abnormal than random bleeding you are not expecting. I would chart everything so you have got something to show a GP if you continue to worry about it a lot.

Just had another thought as well. My hairdresser really helps me as she is also going through peri and we talk about it a lot. She has had "periods" that are only there when you wipe, some that are really just brown discharge, gaps of 9 months twice, then going back to periods again. Morning anxiety and urgent toilet trips before breakfast. Panic attacks and generally feels like a cripple every morning. Her Mum had the same and finished eventually at 56. I have no sisters, and my Mum is not well enough to know what happened to her, but she had everything removed at 42 so this site is my lifeline. I hope this helps.xxx
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:34:53 AM by Machair »
Pages: 1 [2]