Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1288 times)

JackieS

Hello!
« on: September 09, 2015, 02:14:51 PM »

Hi my name is Jackie and I am 54. I haven't had a period for over a year and have been having hot flushes for ever or so it seems! Have got to the stage where I need some help and thought joining this forum might help 😃 I want to gather as much info on HRT as possible before I decide.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 02:17:34 PM »

:welcomemm:

We talk about everything here, even menopause  ::).  There are pull down menus, top of screen: read and make notes.  Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food diary helpful.  Eating regularly can ease any tendency to anxiety surges.

Taz2

Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 03:20:26 PM »

Hi Jackie.

As CLKD says there is lots of information on here. As you have been without a period for over a year you will be able to have a conti HRT which means you won't have to have a monthly bleed although some women prefer this as they don't enjoy having a constant supply of progesterone. There are lots of different types of HRT to try so if the first one doesn't suit you then don't feel disheartened. It can take a while to get the right one. The pill type HRT are cheaper for your doc to prescribe but can, in some women, give digestive problems for a while. The patch HRT is absorbed straight into the bloodstream so doesn't have to be processed by the liver so is kinder on the tummy. There is also gel HRT with an added progesterone. Lots for you to discover!!

Taz x  :welcomemm: