Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gone so nervous not the same anymore  (Read 7004 times)

Rebelyell

Re: Gone so nervous not the same anymore
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 11:42:19 AM »

I have tried CBT via the NHS 'Let's Talk' and actually am still on the list but haven't followed it up.    It works really well for some people but I found it a bit restrictive - the questions were very structured and didn't allow me to really express my full feelings and the treatment involved an awful lot of 'homework' ie, charts to fill in every day recording your 'trigger points' and how you coped.  I must admit I found this exacerbated my problems as I was forced to focus on it every day.  I find distraction is best for me.    BUT - I have to admit I am not good at talking myself round when having an anxiety attack [which can last weeks for me], I find it only goes when I feel better physically.   So I perhaps needed to stick with it.

Worth a go - another issue for me was the appointment slots had to be same every week, and I found that difficult due to being self-employed.

karenja

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 07:12:45 PM »

thank you all so much Ive been reading through your replies and so grateful to know Im not alone, Nefersmum I am exactly the same with my cat, she goes out and my heart is racing and sometimes Im up and down the road in utter panic calling her and if I cant find her Im in bits, anxiety is awful x

Sarai

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 10:46:41 AM »

Madbloss I use rescue remedy, I have no real idea if it works I just tell myself it will and off I go. I also find chewing gum really slowly and steadyly (sp) is relaxing too. I am drowning in health anxiety right now it hits me many times a day. And already having pain and referred pain really does not help as it makes me worry more. I seriously hate what I have become.

sez70

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 10:52:17 AM »

Hi I'm suffering severe anxiety from new ads but think menopause is making it worse can't cope anymore no one understands or knows how i feel help

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 05:22:09 PM »

Hi sez70

:welcomemm:
Sorry to hear about this. Why don't you introduce yourself in the new members section and tell us something about yourself as your post might get lost here?

Hurdity x

Babsm67

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 08:22:57 PM »

Thanks for the replies, everyone, about Rescue Remedy & CBT.  I have calmed down over the last couple of days but need something to get through the 2nd half of the cycle.
Hello sez70 - you poor thing;  I know how you feel - there have been days when I have felt I cou!d not cope  (I was in a terrible state last week, trying to make decisions).  Earlier this year, I experienced a breakdown & there are other ladies on here who have been through the same.  Things are beginning to look up now & the support I have received on here recently has definitely contributed to that.  Unfortunately,  some of the AD's can make you feel more anxious initially before they kick in (SSRI's in particular). I found that was the case with escitilopram but, once they did kick in, they really did work, especially with preventing panic attacks.  The tricyclic antidepressants don't seem to cause the initial anxiety - maybe there may be one that is more suitable for you.  The various AD's work in different ways for people so it may well be, if you do not feel any improvement after a few weeks, that you need to try another brand/type.  Please don't give up - we are all here for you  :hug:  xx

Nefersmum

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2015, 10:22:08 PM »

While it's not good to know fellow beings are suffering, it is reassuring that we aren't alone with it.  It does help, if nothing else to reassure you that you aren't going completely daffy.   I haven't yet see my GP - they aren't what you'd call helpful and I'm a bit worried about side effects of the medications to treat the situation so I'm rather grimly plodding on.  I'm not entirely sure that it's a successful policy as I'm more than a bit strung out.   I keep trying to remind myself that at least I have options which is more than women back in the day had.  Goodness knows how they coped with this and corsets too!!
Pages: 1 [2]