Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feel like crying  (Read 4839 times)

Chi chi

Feel like crying
« on: September 08, 2015, 01:25:20 PM »

I've just got off the phone to proff Studd after getting fed up of waiting for him to reply to me. He's basically told me that because my hormone levels are good there's not much more he can do for me and as they're good my problem must be elsewhere! He had to keep asking me what I was on in terms of HRT. He didn't offer me any other form of HRT and just told me to 'do nothing' for a month and then go and see him! I said I have an appt next month and he said ok see you then, bye and out the phone down!  >:(  :'(

What now?  :'(

toffeecushion

Re: Feel like crying
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 01:29:40 PM »

Maybe it's time to find someone else.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 01:33:37 PM »

Aw that's awful....what a horrible reaction to have.    Sending love Estelle xxx

BrightLight

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 01:47:25 PM »

I am sorry you have had such a response.  Do you mean your hormone levels are good on the HRT and that you need to not take HRT for a month and see?  I'm sorry but I can't remember everything you have been dealing with, but I do remember you have had problems getting consistent advise and support from this doctor.  How old are you?  Do you think HRT might be 'fighting' with your own hormone levels, if they are still up and down - forgive me if none of this makes sense because I have forgotten the detail x

Sorry you are at this junction, but I am sure there is a way forward

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 01:56:39 PM »

You surely can't expect him to remember what you are taking  :-\ …….  I expect he means that you should remain on the current regime until you see him next month.

Have you had your thyroid function tested recently?

Chi chi

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 01:58:41 PM »

Thanks, at the moment I don't know if I'm more upset or angry, it was just his manner, he didn't even ask how I felt all he did ask about was my energy levels and libido.
He meant to stay on the Oestrogel and testim for another month and then go and see him.
He originally prescribed this for my low mood and anxiety also as I had virtually no testosterone and low estrogen.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 02:01:55 PM »

So you know what he meant.  A bit of empathy does help but very often bed-side manner has been missed in their general education  ::)

In the mean time, keep a food/mood diary? and see your GP about a thyroid test.

Chi chi

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 02:59:11 PM »

I've no idea sparkle  :-\ except wait and see if Dr Annie Evans secretary gets back to me?

My last lot of bloods did say my thyroid was ever so slightly low  :neutral:

Chi chi

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 04:12:38 PM »

I did think about it, just worried it might be a lengthy email to explain everything and could it all be covered in just one  :-\

BrightLight

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 05:27:07 PM »

It does sound like you might benefit from a second opinion from your GP maybe or someone else - not least so you can feel confident you are covering all basis, including the thyroid if it needs treating.  Hope you feel better after the phonecall earlier.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 06:15:45 PM »

Get your thyroid function test!

sweettooth

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 06:34:54 PM »

Hi Estelle, years ago even though my estrogen levels were ok
I still had breakthrough symptoms, whether it was because my fluctuations were severe OR i am very sensitive to changes OR both!! that was from age 39 through to my 40s whereas since approx age of 50 hormones felt calmer all this time i was on estrogen. Now that iv had to stop hrt i am getting symptoms though not severe....crying spells and headaches with the flushes but i feel this will settle.

I just wonder if your problems are similar?! Xx

Dyan

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 07:06:48 PM »

Estelle :hug:
I wouldn't worry. Whenever I speak with my psychiatrist he always asks what meds I'm on.
I think they see and speak to so many people that they can't remember who's on what.
Nevertheless, a bit of bedside manner wouldn't have gone a miss ::)