Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hello, hello,hello, is there anybody out there ...?  (Read 1796 times)

Frumpy@50

Hello, hello,hello, is there anybody out there ...?
« on: September 15, 2015, 09:47:02 PM »

Hi Everyone ... hope you are all well  :)

Well, yep, I hijacked a line from a song, but it does kinda sum it all up for me!

Have been going through this nightmare of hot flushes / night sweats / itchy, dry, sweaty, smelly girlie bits / total loss of sexual thoughts, urges, requirements / palpitations, irregular heart beat / fainting / fatigue and so on, and so on for years ... I was determined NOT to take HRT, but, I gave in last week and am now on Elleste Duet tablets 1mg.

I am now awaiting a quality of life I haven't had for a long time, or am I just dreaming?

Anyway, I think this site is great, and may help me to restore some sanity in my life, as it appears that I am indeed not alone ...

:)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello, hello,hello, is there anybody out there ...?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 09:48:56 PM »

:welcomemm:  you'll fit right in !  have a read round: menus top of screen, a humorous room; we talk about meno sometimes too  ;D

It may take a few months before you feel real benefit from the HRT.  Let us know how you get on!

dazned

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 09:50:53 PM »

Hello and.  :welcomemm:

Hope you start to see some improvement soon,just remember that Rome wasn't built in a day  ;)
Try it for at least a couple of months.

spiritguide

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 06:43:11 AM »

Hello Frumpy@50,
I'm feeling a lot better on HRT, and I've just been on it coming up to 3 months. Its not perfect, but I'm much better than the sobbing/raging
harridan that i was before (well...ive always had harridan tendencies). Wishing you the best of luck, and keep us posted.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 07:40:59 AM »

Hi frumpy@50

:welcomemm:

I'm sure you're not frumpy - and if you think you are - there's no need to be!!

You don't say how old you are -  but I've been on HRT for 8+ years and now 62 and it has been brilliant ( so far) despite the few disadvantages....

Yes! - I do hope you benefit from improved quality of life as many of us on here  :)

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 11:36:08 AM »

Hello Frumpy@50 and welcome to the forum.

Like you I struggled with menopausal problems for years, always hoping it would end soon. Well I must have been some kind of optimist back then! Eventually I decided to try HRT and although things are not perfect I have noticed steady improvement.

Let us know how you get on and I hope you feel better soon.

Take care.

K.