Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Friend has severe labyrinthitis ( sp?)  (Read 8793 times)

Sarai

Re: Friend has severe labyrinthitis ( sp?)
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 12:49:23 PM »

Sorry I am a bit late. i really thought there were tablets that could be given for this. Anti viral, like for bells palsy. I know somebody who is recovering he has many pills and is now doing special eye exercises to teach his brain to balance again as some of his balance mechanism is damaged.

Katejo

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 01:18:41 PM »

Twice this year I have had mini bouts of somehing with similar symptoms which only lasts 24 - 48 hours. I am recovering from one now. Think mine is an ear infection rather than actual labrynthitis but hope that it xoesn't mean that I am likely fo develop labyrinthitis one day.

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 05:31:18 PM »

Sarai - the balance system is damaged by labyrinthitis but it depends on how badly as to whether you need to the VRT exercises. Like my son he may have developed Vestibular Neuritis. The longer you take the pills the more likely this is to happen. It is impossible for the brain to find new pathways while still taking the drugs. We didn't know this at the time and as the illness makes you feel so awful it is easy to grab anything that will seem to make you feel better. http://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorder/treatment/treatment-detail-page

Taz x
Pages: 1 [2]