Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Friends far away  (Read 5535 times)

Dulciana

Friends far away
« on: September 05, 2015, 08:50:08 PM »

I have one good friend who lives in Malaysia and another one who lives in Italy, and I miss them both.   Don't know when I'll see either of them again - maybe next year, the year after....who knows?  Yes, technology is a wonderful way of keeping in touch but these are people whose sense of humour matches my own and they're good to be with.  Anyone else have friends far away? 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Friends far away
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 08:53:09 PM »

Yep - which reminds me, I owe him an e-mail  :o  :thankyou:

It does take a lot of effort to keep friendships going though.  Some of mind have popped back since we have e-mail …….. I managed to track down a childhood friend quiet recently.  One close friend is back in touch now that she has entered the computer World  ::)

My first pen-pal was in Malaysia when I was aged 8.  Another lived Down Under and we kept in touch for years  - the last time I heard from her was after she had been on a trip to the UK  ::) without getting in touch  :(

Skype a possibility for you?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 09:02:50 PM by CLKD »

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 08:53:35 PM »

Yes me, Canada....my best friend from primary school.

She has been there for 29 years.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 09:40:09 PM »

I have one in Texas. We're not the best communicators I have to say but we keep up to date through FB.  Other friends are in 4 corners of the UK.

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 12:35:29 AM »

One friend in Indonesia and of course, my son in the USA. The former keeps in contact by email. Phone is very expensive and poor quality of sound. My son and of course his wife and her family, communicate by face time and messaging on our iPads. Actually, my son talks to us more now than when he lived 12 miles away.

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 10:54:45 AM »

We've got friends in New Zealand from when we spent quite some time over there

oldsheep

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 11:14:19 AM »

almost all of my good friends are far away - France, South Africa, NZ, Norway. I really miss them. Skype etc helps but it's not enough.