Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Evoral 75 & climagist 1mg & vagifem - feeling achey  (Read 14136 times)

Peterspots

Re: Evoral 75 & climagist 1mg & vagifem - feeling achey
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2015, 10:53:50 AM »

Hello I have been told to reduce my dose from 75mg to 50 mg. I'm hoping this will reduce the joint aches as I want to stay on the hrt

Peterspots

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2015, 05:11:14 PM »

Today my face feels like a 100 ants are biting it. My underneath feels like its behind pinch after feeling ok for a couple of days (VA), my joints are hurting (maybe side effect from hrt) I have reduced to 50. I just want to cry and cry.how am I ever going to feel better. Will email consultants to change hrt. I have been on it 5 weeks with 4 weeks of joint pain. I am so unbelieverbly sad to be in so much pain. I just wonder if some horrible bodu thing is going on

Peterspots

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2015, 06:32:06 AM »

Woke up with sore knees hips ankles wrist on top of my face and bits.  I didn't have the joints four weeks ago. Really loosing the will. Is this a side effect or the menopause happening or is something going on. Can't bear the joint pain. It's too much on top of everything. Contacting consultant today. Feel I'm failing by not carrying on on the evorel. I took femseven & didn't hsve these problems. (Only for a month as gp was just testing it). Feel desperate now.

honeybun

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2015, 06:36:13 AM »

Why not change back then if you felt better.

For now if I were you I would just stop. Then you would know for sure if it's HRT that's causing this unusual side effect. If you feel better then maybe HRT in this form is not suitable for you.

Honeyb
x

Peterspots

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2015, 07:13:01 AM »

Thank you. I thought you couldn't just come off. Joint muscle pain is a side effect but this is so extreme from nothing to this in 4 weeks

honeybun

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2015, 07:29:26 AM »

Yes you can just stop. If you don't how will you know if the HRT is the cause or not. The worse that will happen is hot flushes will return if you had them before.
Just remove the patch and see if the pains begin to go. HRT is not like ADs which have to be tapered down.

I really think it would be for the best and what have you got to loose....

Honeyb
x

Peterspots

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2015, 09:01:23 PM »

I have taken the patch off. My symptom is VA with bladder problems & I also take vagifem. I am hurting all over at the moment.

honeybun

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2015, 10:03:47 PM »

Keep using the Vagifem for VA and see if your aches go.

Honeybun
X

Peterspots

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2015, 08:21:34 AM »

Thank you. The side effects for me have been too much. Would another oestrogen do the same thing or are they different with side effects or does this mean I can't take any other hrt.

Peterspots

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2015, 06:39:45 AM »

Only been 1 1/2 days but work with sore knees, wrists, elbows & such aching legs on top of my pelvic pain & face. Trying to stay calm but wondering how one it would take for a side effect to stop or would it be instant. :(

Peterspots

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2015, 09:35:41 AM »

It's been a week off everything except the vagifem. My legs are still aching & my knees, hips, elbows aching. :( thought if it was a side effect it would have gone. So what's going on with me. Was it side effects or was going to happen anyway. See gynaecolgist on Tuesday. Wonder if taking estrogen & progesterine wold be better than just estrogen. Really fed up & now worried what is going on

Peterspots

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2015, 09:55:05 PM »

I'm starting to think there's something other than the menopause wrong with me. My face is constantly twitching, the bladder VA & now the joint pain. its my kness elbows hips. My legs aren't achimg as much but my lips are constantly twitching. Don't know what is happening. It's so strange.

Peterspots

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2015, 05:39:26 PM »

Feel like I want to wee and feel full. Have a week of this feeling fine then it will get worse again. this is a walking nightmare. Long for the day when I can feel better

Peterspots

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2015, 05:49:48 PM »

Been to see gynaecologist. She has suggested changing to estrogel & also the evorel 25. I have been given estradot 25.  Is there a difference between evorel or estradot.  As I think I have had a reaction I may prefer to continue with the estradot. Another option is to start with the esteogel & see if it effects my joints. They have improved since stopping the evorel. If this does not work the gynaecologist may suggest I go on the BCP to even out my hormones. Another option is a hysterectomy but I would prefer not to do that.

Peterspots

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2015, 06:52:36 AM »

I have been off the estrogen for 1 1/2 weeks the joint pain has nearly gone & I am now having a normal, though heavy period, and I feel less bloated. Anyone have any comment on whether I should finish this period before startong yhe estrogil and possibly estradot 25. I do wonder as I am having periods before I started estrogen I should have progesterone? I am considering the BCP but becuase I am nearly 50 I didn't know if that was a problem. I think my body needs to shed but I amy be wrong .......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4