Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Evoral 75 & climagist 1mg & vagifem - feeling achey  (Read 14137 times)

Peterspots

Evoral 75 & climagist 1mg & vagifem - feeling achey
« on: September 05, 2015, 06:58:16 AM »

Hello. I was on here earlier with a rough ride with bladder/urethra pain & an awful time after a Cystoscopy & face spasms/pain. Seen a gynaecologist who finally examined me who sid I had VA, painful, boggy uterus. The ultrasound showed adenmyosis and a white inflammation area around my urethra. Started on evoral 75, climagist 1mg 1 week ago. Bits feeling ok but my ankles, knees, elbows feeling achey. Don't know if this would happen anyway or if it's a side effect & if this wears off? Thank you. I could just wait another week than contact consultant. Just would like a break! Face is feeling so full of pressure

Hurdity

Re: Evoral 75 & climagist 1mg & vagifem - feeling achey
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 08:41:35 AM »

Hi Peterspots

Glad you've had a diagnosis but sorry that you haven't seen improvement yet. Actually in terms of side effects - that's quite a high dose of oestrogen to start at once and I am also wondering why you have been given a fairly high dose patch on top of the Climagest? Did the gynae give a reason why? Usually the advice with replacing oestrogen is to start low and gradually build up to minimise side effects.

Where are you in menopause re periods etc and frequency of them and how old are you?

You could wait another week to see if the side effects settle - but I am wondering if you might need extra progestogen at some point - although maybe the consultant is giving you the high dose to build your levels up quickly because of your severe symptoms? S/he will have good reasons for this anyway!

Hope you feel better soon  :)

Hurdity x

Peterspots

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 09:12:11 AM »

Hello, thank you for replying. She thought it would be good to does up & add progesterone in in October/November. It just didn't know if this was a side effect & it would ease but I will wait a week. It's just a bit demoralising. I did think about contacting her next week & maybe dropping the tablet for awhile. Do side effects ease from oestrogen once you are on it for awhile?  I'm 49 & 3/4 ☺️
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:13:59 AM by Peterspots »

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 10:09:15 AM »

Hi Peterspots - do you mean Adenomyosis?

Taz x

Peterspots

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 10:25:09 AM »

Yes. I can't say it let alone spell it! It's the thing in your uterus like endometriosis

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 10:40:00 AM »

It's a tricky one to say!! Have you been given any information about it? As far as I can tell (my son's girlfriend has it together with endometriosis) it thrives on oestrogen and, so, gradually disappears once you are post meno. There are details here http://www.adenomyosisadviceassociation.org/default.html

It is good that you now have a diagnosis - I'm not sure about your facial pressure though?

Taz x

Peterspots

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 06:59:11 PM »

Thank you. If my aching knees, ankles legs (could have been a long walk in boots I shouldn't have done) are from the patch or estrogen tablet will it ease or once you get the side effect it stays?

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 07:48:29 PM »

Hmm - well if you think your aches and pains are from a long walk then surely that could well be the explanation for that particular symptom?! Most side effects from oestrogen settle quickly - after all this is our natural hormone we are replacing. Tablet oestrogen has to be digested and go through the liver but you haven't got any obvious side effects.

As Taz says not sure about the facial pressure unless it's part of a fuzzy head - which is a common reaction to sudden changes in levels of some hormones.

Above all try to stop worrying and concentrate on the fact that you will be feeling better soon - a positive mindset is part of the process to recovery!

Hurdity x

Peterspots

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 06:29:38 AM »

Hello, the face pressure has been since January & is, I think thorough tension,anxiety,teeth clenching at night. The aches in my joints happened 4 days into patch but could be a coincidence. I just want to get back to normal & don't want it to be the evoral as I just want to be on it & get the benefit. Just need a habana hold. It's like 1 step forward & 2 steps back. I don't want to be the one that keeps saying I'm aching. I hate it that stress comes out in my body. So yes, positive mindset & hope it all eases.

Peterspots

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 05:26:14 PM »

Hello. Been on evoval patches for 10 days & bladder symptoms have flared.  Hoping this would have happened anyway. Does the esteogen have to build like an antidepressant or does it work straight away. Really disappointed as wanted to put this bad year behind me

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 07:30:57 PM »

Hi Peterspots -  sorry to hear your symptoms have flared. as far as I know the Evorel patches should not have any negative effect on your bladder but I stand to be corrected if this can be a common side effect. Progestogens do often affect the bladder though. Oestrogen works on two levels ( maybe more ) one level is more complex and involves metabolic processes within the cells which takes more time - patches usually work quicker than tablets for many women but long term benefits may take several weeks eg when women use Vagifem it takes at least two weeks to start to feel the benefit.

Hope you see an improvement

Hurdity x

Peterspots

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 07:46:41 PM »

Thank you. It was much better til Monday. HHoping it's a blip. I am on oestrogen only to start with then progesterone next month. Will hope it settles as it was so lonely to feel it was getting better. X

Peterspots

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 07:01:46 PM »

Just feeling so low tonight. I am taking all the medication &y bladder feels worse. Sorry for tmi but the consultant started me on glucobay which is for
Glucose intolerance which Is something they do with the oestrogen to help it absorb. It has given me really bad wind &
I don't know if that is knocking me or it's just a reaction to the oestrogen. Don't know why that would be. I just feel so upset today. I thought I was beating it all. Got to buck up I know.  Just wanted to tel someone. It's been such a rotten year

Peterspots

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 03:25:27 PM »

Hello. Feeling so fed up. Been on esteogen only HRT. I know only for 1 1/2 weeks but my bladder pressure symptoms are worse. Just wanted to chat to someone. Gynaecologist did think my symptoms were related to menopause. Just hate it when you think your getting somewhere. Legs aching, face & now bladder pelvis. Just feel awful

Peterspots

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 07:10:44 AM »

Hello. I really think I having a reaction to the hrt evoral 75 & a tablet 1mg of estrogen & vagifemvagifem. A week into taking it my muscle joints have been hurting even my hands. I have emailed the consultant.

Has anyone had this type of reaction?  I'm worried and do t know whether to come off. 

It
Pages: [1] 2 3 4