Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2347 times)

Nicky40

« on: August 27, 2015, 09:49:41 AM »

Hi I'm new here,just turned 40 this year and just found out I've to start hrt,I've been struggling with the signs of the menopause but never got tested till 2 weeks ago,its a bit overwhelming there's so much different information out there but would really like to hear from other women on what I'm in for, thanks in advance

pricey

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 09:55:27 AM »

Hi Nicky40!

Welcome to the MM forum.

I'm quite new too. I've already found the sense of community reassuring. It seems such an isolating time of life. I suggest you have a browse of the various threads and discussions. There is strength in numbers!  ;)

SadLynda

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 03:29:12 PM »

Hi Nicky :welcomemm:

take yourself for a browse around, many of us have shared our stories in 'all things menopause' I know I have.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 08:03:15 AM »

Hi Nicky40

:welcomemm:

Hope you manage to feel better on the HRT - what type have you been given?

Hurdity x

Nicky40

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 10:54:56 AM »

Hi hurdity I'm just going to get started on it today so don't know what kind I'm going to be on,its overwhelming all the information about all the different types of treatment, not sure if its going to be a case of trial and error to she what fits me,I'm just hoping that whatever I get put on will help with these nightmare flushes and mood swings,in the last few months I've went from being soo laid back to extremely grumpy but its the flushes that are killing me so fingers crossed xx

Nicky40

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 04:33:05 PM »

Hi all I've now been put on Elleste solo to see if they work for the next 6 week so fingers crossed  :) xxx

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 04:35:26 PM »

Hi both of you, nice to see you.  Hope you enjoy the forum  :welcomemm:

dazned

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 05:32:52 PM »

Hi Nicky40

Have you had a hysterectomy as you have an estrogen only tablet ? Hope you start to see an improvement soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 07:19:33 PM »

Have you browsed the pull-down menus, top of screen?  Make notes  ;)

Nicky40

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 08:19:41 AM »

Hey dazned yes I had to have a hysterectomy when I was 35 I think that's why we are trying that hrt first,apparently its the one everyone is using,I'll say this its not helping with the flushes yet xx

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 08:56:29 AM »

Hell Nicky40 and welcome to the forum.

There are may knowledgeable and supportive women here who can help you on your journey.

I wish you luck with your treatments.

Take care.

K.

dazned

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 11:08:38 AM »

It will take time for your body to adjust to the extra estrogen before you see the benefits but at least you will be spared the dreaded progesterone. ;)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 01:27:25 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Nicky40
It's good they are putting you on some oestrogen - at your age you need oestrogen until at least your early 50s to prevent long term problems with your heart, bones, bladder and vaginal atrophy.  The pills can be good but it may take 2-3 weeks before you start to feel the benefits - you don't say what dosage they have given you? If you have been given 1mg then this is a low dose and at your age you may need the 2mg - it's trial and error i'm afraid.  The pills are fine but many women move on to gel or patches - everyone is different so you have to find the oestrogen route that suits you.
DG x