Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Sorry for same questions but I just don't understand  (Read 13664 times)

dazned

Re: Sorry for same questions but I just don't understand
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2015, 11:02:37 AM »

Estelle as some others have suggested if I were you I would strip back all the hormones for a while and 're assess the situation. You really seem to be on high doses yet still feeling rubbish !  :-\
I really would be going back to basics ,clean slate and seeking a new start else where. Your poor body can't know which way is up.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2015, 04:04:33 PM »

You may find too that your body has evened a bit despite all the intervention  ;)

sweettooth

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2015, 10:34:20 PM »

Estelle, i had no improvement really so prof studd suggested my GP try an injection to shut down my ovaries (still had ovaries as hyster only for prolapse). I had an injection every month (approx 6) and added estrogel, i suppose this was to stop fluctuations which were causing headaches, mood swings etc., and if successful i would then have ovaries removed.  Symptoms improved or so i thought! so i went for removal of ovaries.  I recovered very quickly but my symptoms returned albeit not as severe.  I am not blaming prof studd as i think he tried all possible.

I did not go to anyone else, it was impossible for me to find  balance.  For me it has been time.....fluctuating hormones settle the more we age plus our bodies require less estrogen.  I was beginning to think there was light at the end of the tunnel last year using 50mcg estradot patch....improvement in headaches etc WHEN after routine mamogram, i was diagnosed with bc.  I now have to take arimidex to STOP estrogen production from anywhere in the body......the very hormone i needed to stay sane!  So headaches back and tearful bouts, the usual hormonal c..p. giving me full on meno but i am confident it will get there... perhaps quicker!

Sorry for long post estelle and perhaps not the most positive at times, hasnt been all bad, im still here, upbeat and hormones have made me the person i am.......the person i wouldnt change!

As i said perhaps reduce your hormones, take a good vit B complex and magnesium.  The recomendation is to start with low dose of hormone, stick with that for 3 months and review with your gp or clinic, increasing if needed.  Some people find accupunture a great help also.

Best wishes estelle keep us posted xx

lancashirelass

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 07:25:46 AM »

8.5 test is high.  My chap would not be happy with that level and i have no ovaries.  I would cut the testim. Out
You need to be care.with zoladex/prostap it is only a shot term measure due to the bone thinning risk and it can cause problems with blood pressure as i found out. 

Chi chi

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 09:25:34 AM »

Aww sweettooth you poor thing  :( that must have been awful for you? How are things now?

So the injections did help? How come you had to go to your GP wouldn't studd do that procedure? I'm not sure if my GP would as he doesn't believe my problems are due to hormones  ::)
I presume the injections don't shut ovaries down permanently and if nothing improves things are reversible?
Acupuncture was brilliant for me when I had sciatica, I was seeing a chiropractor which wasn't helping at all but just one session of acupuncture and it went!

Mary G

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2015, 05:12:06 PM »

Estelle, I think you would know if you were having a migraine/silent migraine, it is very distinctive.  The migraine aura that I get is called scintillating scotoma.

Basically, it starts with a blind spot then a shimmering jagged line or C shape in the middle vision field which disappears to the upper outer edge of the eye after about 25 minutes.  Most people get a headache afterwards but I don't for some reason so mine are called silent or ocular migraines.  I used to get 72 hours of postdrome (feeling run down) afterwards but now I immediately rub some oestrogen gel into my arm and this sort of aborts the attack.

I wonder if you are reacting badly to Utrogestan but getting different symptoms?  I can well believe it would give you a fussy head.

It is horrible and I have absolutely no idea why I get it and even more worrying, not a single doctor knows either.  I have had to do everything myself and work out the best way to deal with it by running several trials. 

Conclusion:  It only happens when I use artificial progesterone (I never had it when I was producing my own) and it would appear my body is asking for more oestrogen which is why the pump of gel aborts the attack.  Artificial progesterone/bio identical progesterone is obviously far too strong (apparently more than 10 times stronger than the stuff you produce yourself) and it pushes my oestrogen levels too low which causes the attack.  The one question I cannot answer is why this only kicked off in peri menopause and why the pill, which is loaded with artificial progesterone, did not affect me in this way.

Apart from that, I get on brilliantly with the gel and it would be perfect if only I didn't get this problem.  The only real solution for me is to have a hysterectomy. 

Taz2

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2015, 05:26:32 PM »

I don't get a headache with mine either. I used to get classic migraines when I was younger though and I would just have to go to bed. Couldn't see to walk about or read and the pain was excrutiating. There is info here on Retinal (ocular) migraines http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/retinal-migraine/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Taz x

sweettooth

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2015, 06:12:39 PM »

Estelle i am doing well tk u, still going through meno so some days are better than others.  Re injections i would not like to have been paying for them! plus i live a long way from London and yes the injections arent permanent.

St xx

Hurdity

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2015, 07:51:06 PM »

Just to add re the problem of progesterone being too strong - because the molecule is unstable we have to take a large amount in order that sufficient gets to the uterus where it is needed to oppose the oestrogen. This is why for example we have to take 200 mg on average - it breaks down very quickly. Our own ovaries of course are producing it at a constant rate all the time so unless we are very intolerant - we can cope with it. Replacing it exogenously (ie from outside our bodies) is another matter. This is why the artificial progestogens are so helpful because they can be taken in much smaller doses - because the molecules are more stable. However they can have negative effects (which some women are more sensitive to) outside the area intended ( ie the uterus)!

Hope you manage to sort something out Estelle eventually. Try not to lose heart which I know is easier said than done.

Hurdity  :) x

Chi chi

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 10:19:15 PM »

Thanks again for all the replies, I'm just so confused and really don't know what to do for the best  :-\
I emailed Studd again today explaining that I've sent a couple of emails in the last 2 weeks (which he hasn't replied to )! Saying that I don't think things are working as I feel so low at the moment, possibility of trying Qlaira or maybe even the injection to shut my ovaries down to see if there's any improvement  :-\
Again still no reply from him today  >:(

Im now panicking as its my daughters first day back at school tomorrow, why I'm panicking and anxious I have no idea?  :-\

Thanks again everyone  :hug:

Mary G

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2015, 04:03:14 PM »

Taz2, thanks for the link, mine affect both eyes. 

Estelle, Studd doesn't always answer emails but I hope you get it sorted out. 

Chi chi

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2015, 03:22:15 PM »

Thanks Mary G, he finally replied! See my other post  'here's hoping'  ::)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 07:56:00 PM by Estelle »

Hurdity

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2015, 07:49:21 PM »

Glad you heard from him in the end Estelle!

Hurdity   :) x

Chi chi

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2015, 08:12:04 PM »

Well kind of Hurdity  ???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2015, 08:49:34 PM »

DD OK in school?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4