Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: First Period in 8 Months. :(  (Read 8790 times)

Mich12

First Period in 8 Months. :(
« on: September 01, 2015, 12:45:37 AM »

Hi ladies,

So I had PMS and then nothing so I thought perhaps I had a blood-less period but nope...it began today. :p I am so sad about this - I had just 4 more months to that 1 year mark and I honestly thought I was DONE but nope. :( I hope this one won't be heavy. The uncertainty causes me immense anxiety.

Just needed to vent.

(((hugs)))

Kathleen

Re: First Period in 8 Months. :(
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:05:00 AM »

Hello Mich12.

Just wanted to send hugs and hopefully this period will be a light one and signify that you are still on track.
When my periods finished I had been regular and heavy and then missed five months, had a slight bleed and then nothing after that.  If you follow the same pattern this period could easily be your last.
Although I am post meno I share your frustration with this whole hormone business and the way it plays with our emotions.
Whatever mother nature throws at you I wish you well.

Take care.

K.

Flossiemac

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 04:21:39 PM »

I was the same  ::) went 8 months then had two 'normal' periods but had nothing now for over a year

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 05:15:08 PM »

The peri stage is so tough - you just don't know where you stand.  HORMONES!!!!! DG xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 07:46:37 PM »

H Mich12

At least that fact that you are having a period means your oestrogen levels will have risen temporarily which has to be a good thing  :)

Hurdity x

Mich12

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 08:47:23 PM »

Mich12

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 08:50:09 PM »

Hello Mich12.

Just wanted to send hugs and hopefully this period will be a light one and signify that you are still on track.
When my periods finished I had been regular and heavy and then missed five months, had a slight bleed and then nothing after that.  If you follow the same pattern this period could easily be your last.
Although I am post meno I share your frustration with this whole hormone business and the way it plays with our emotions.
Whatever mother nature throws at you I wish you well.

Take care.

K.

How sweet, thank you K.!  :) So far it has been light, in fact I just had some yesterday and last night and it hasn't started back up yet today. My periods do this though so it still may start back up tonight. I don't think I ever had a 1 day period before so if it doesn't start back up tonight I will worry it is something else like cancer!  :o :o If it does and it is heavy I will cry. I always worry - oh the anxiety is just terrible. :(

(((thank you))) for your comforting reply.  :)

Mich12

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 08:51:13 PM »

I was the same  ::) went 8 months then had two 'normal' periods but had nothing now for over a year

Thank You! I appreciate hearing what others have been through as it makes me feel not so alone in this. It is hard and scary and most frustrating at times too.

(((thank you)))  :)

Mich12

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 08:51:55 PM »

The peri stage is so tough - you just don't know where you stand.  HORMONES!!!!! DG xxx

YES I totally agree! Uggg it is very hard to go through. :(

(((thank you)))

Mich12

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 08:54:02 PM »

H Mich12

At least that fact that you are having a period means your oestrogen levels will have risen temporarily which has to be a good thing  :)

Hurdity x

Thank you Hurdity! Well my hot flashes stopped for the past month and my night sweats came back so I guess it is a trade off. Low estrogen = hot flashes and all that not fun stuff and estrogen rising = no hot flashes but night sweats, PMS, and a period. Hormones, urgggg

(((thank you)))  :)

Machair

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 09:07:56 PM »

I so see where you are coming from and why you would worry. The uncertainty really freaks me out too! This is why I love this forum and all the ladies who have kept me sane! Kathleen really helped me when I had a similar event - so reassuring to know a slight bleed heralded the end - I was expecting a normal length period or a flood- so great to know it can just be spotting.
I am now also at 8 months, but expecting more periods as I have signs and feelings of high oestrogen and no night sweats either. Mind you I am 55 and worry about that too as it seems rather old!

Mich12

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 02:20:59 AM »

I so see where you are coming from and why you would worry. The uncertainty really freaks me out too! This is why I love this forum and all the ladies who have kept me sane! Kathleen really helped me when I had a similar event - so reassuring to know a slight bleed heralded the end - I was expecting a normal length period or a flood- so great to know it can just be spotting.
I am now also at 8 months, but expecting more periods as I have signs and feelings of high oestrogen and no night sweats either. Mind you I am 55 and worry about that too as it seems rather old!

Yes me too - I am so grateful this forum and all of you lovely ladies are here as it helps so very much!  :)

I just bled yesterday and it was an odd bleed - light brown and some odd tissue and that was it. Nothing today or tonight and I never had a one day period so I am super anxious about this.  :o Is more bleeding on the way or was that it I wonder.  :-\ I am scared. I had an endometrial ablation many years ago which gave me very light periods for the last several years so perhaps that is why the one day period after no period for eight months.  :-\

(((Hugs)))

Kathleen

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 08:51:57 AM »

Hello again Mich12

I just wanted to reassure you that I had never experienced a one day period until the very light one I had after 5 months of nothing.
As I recall it looked like the sort of bleed you get at the very beginning of a period and not the full flow that usually comes later. At the time I just assumed it was another full one on it's way but everything stopped and it turns out that was my last ever period.

I didn't have an ablation or any other treatments prior to this event, it was just  the way my periods had decided to end that's all.

I honestly think you have nothing to worry about, we all come to this time in our lives in a variety of ways and every one of them is normal!

Sending hugs and take care.

K. 

Mich12

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 02:58:37 PM »

Hello again Mich12

I just wanted to reassure you that I had never experienced a one day period until the very light one I had after 5 months of nothing.
As I recall it looked like the sort of bleed you get at the very beginning of a period and not the full flow that usually comes later. At the time I just assumed it was another full one on it's way but everything stopped and it turns out that was my last ever period.

I didn't have an ablation or any other treatments prior to this event, it was just  the way my periods had decided to end that's all.

I honestly think you have nothing to worry about, we all come to this time in our lives in a variety of ways and every one of them is normal!

Sending hugs and take care.

K.

Thank you SO much K. You have given me such comfort with this scary episode and I am so very grateful for your kindness, (((thank you)))

I am watching it like a hawk today, lol Waiting to see if the bleeding begins again or what is going to happen. VERY stressful the whole uncertainty is. I know I had PMS and I was getting ready for a period so I do believe that was indeed my period. Just one day. Just odd bleeding. I am praying that was THE LAST ONE!!  8) 8) ;D ;D

I appreciate you taking the time to reply and share your experience, it really helped so much! ♥

(((hugs)))

Machair

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 05:49:10 PM »

How are you doing now?
Pages: [1] 2