Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: List of more unusual menopause symptoms - what are yours?  (Read 122317 times)

Briony

Re: List of more unusual menopause symptoms - what are yours?
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2015, 12:43:37 PM »

Hi back again

Anxiety I shake when I'm at docs or hospital,I didn't notice it until my hubby pointed it out!
I wouldn't leave the house on my own I was scared, but not sure what of!
Hot glows and cold sweats
Heartburn
Skin sensations, like cold water is being poured on you same place on buttock
Fatigue
I seem to feel not quite right most days(but could be my ms)
Moods
Crying bouts first  day of period
Making mountains out of molehills ( every thing worse than it is)

My God I didn't realise there was so many, now I'm on Hrt not so many!!
Plus point sex is so much better! ;)

Smokey x

Funnily enough, only the other day my mum told me she had that feeling on her buttock the day before she came on right from her first period!

Unhinged

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2015, 12:48:10 PM »

Smokey, that's another new one to me - the skin sensations, I only get tingling in hands so far. But 'mountains out of molehills' - oh yes, BIG time!

I am glad to hear that HRT is controlling some of them though - and making other things better  ;)

SadLynda, yes, we don't half learn stuff on this forum don't we!

Un x

Briony

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2015, 12:54:53 PM »

The skin sensations have a name (formication?)and apparently, are almost always  linked to low oestrogen (other causes are much rarer). I get them over my shoulder - it's like thousands of ants crawling across me all in the same direction. Never lasts long and doesn't hurt - but it was still reassuring for doc to say they were linked to hormones and nothing worse.

Unhinged

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2015, 01:03:28 PM »

Another one named, thanks Briony, "Formication" - though I did get confused for a moment re Smokeys plus point that "sex is so much better" (tee hee)!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2015, 01:39:27 PM »

;D  :-X

For years: prior to peri … I have had that sudden woozy feeling, can't explain it really.  When I go to put my foot down I have to adjust my balance although I never feel dizzy.  It's like the ground isn't going to be where I expect my foot to land and happens several times a week.  Sometimes if DH sees it happen he'll say 'enjoy your trip?' but it isn't even that.  Not something I can take to the GP as it wouldn't happen in the Surgery  ::).  Sometimes my thighs feel empty which gives a similar effect when walking.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:28:48 PM by CLKD »

Briony

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2015, 02:36:13 PM »

:rofl:

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2015, 04:24:22 PM »

Being watched .... that sounds creepy, but I know what you mean, I keep seeing things out of the corner of my eye, spinning round, then there's nothing there .... eek.

Me, too....

Poppyflower

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2015, 06:28:45 PM »

My worse symptom, although I am not sure if it is unusual or not is the borderline obsessive thinking I am now doing regarding this perimenopause hell. Waking up and always first thing I am wondering is how I am feeling, every glitch or pain or mood blip wondering if it is or not menopausal. Just have a busy mind with lots of thoughts. Not always but it is unpleasant to me....just want to carry on like I used to and not wonder about everything....happy go lucky, I miss that!

CLKD

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2015, 06:29:45 PM »

Oh that was part of my anxiety for years: I would physically check from the feet upwards before walking into a shop to make sure I was OK-ish - less likely to have to dash due to panic attacks. 

Mich12

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2015, 08:56:38 PM »

Head 'zaps' (VERY odd!)
Always feel like something is wrong with me
Sad
Low energy
Overwhelmed

CLKD

« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2015, 10:23:19 PM »

Head zaps are medication related.  I get them - I take ADs ……. sort of used to them now.

Mich12

« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2015, 02:25:51 AM »

Head zaps are medication related.  I get them - I take ADs ……. sort of used to them now.

Me too - I take Paxil and get the head zaps when I am due for my dose, when I am overly tired, or when a period is due. Oh and they really get bad when I get sick and have a fever. I thought it might be my AD but wasn't sure if it was hormones or the medication.

Galadriel

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2015, 07:54:26 AM »

I've had some odd head zaps - right between the eyes - not had them for a while (touch wood).
I've also had numbness on one side of my face, tongue and gums - turns out I clench my jaw while asleep. I now sleep with a mouth guard in to relieve the pressure on the facial muscles and prevent damage to my teeth.
Every tiny little bit of bodily discomfort is, of course, me developing a life-limiting condition even though I am fit and healthy!
Creepy sensation over my left shoulder blade.
Tingly hands - especially the left one around the time a period is due.
Twitching tummy muscles - I sometimes feel like I am vibrating.
Occasional pain in the outer right hip, right wrist and thumb.
Intermittent tinnitus
Anxiety out of nowhere. I can be chipper one minute and sky-high with anxiety the next.
Sudden bouts of weepiness
Noise sensitivity - some sounds are more irritating than others and I'm constantly turning the tv volume down... drives me bonkers!
Stress incontinence - hoping my new kagel8 will help. It has certainly helped in other areas (unexpected bonus  :o )
Bowels now more sensitive to what I eat (and how I'm feeling) than they used to be.

I'd love to have a whole day where the peri and all its weirdness stayed out of my head and body  >:(

Galadriel x

honeybun

« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2015, 08:06:05 AM »

Oh for a normal day  ::)

Anyone remember what normal is, if so could they please tell me  ::)

Honeyb
x

Unhinged

« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2015, 08:37:54 AM »

Thankyou ladies - head zaps, I too get these from time to time, but didn't put it on the initial list as I didn't know how to describe it!

Honeybun, no I haven't had a normal day for a long time, last one was probably three years ago, but I can remember when I felt well and what that felt like if I think really hard - why oh why didn't I appreciate it at the time, just feeling well .....

Unhinged x
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16