Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: List of more unusual menopause symptoms - what are yours?  (Read 122341 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: List of more unusual menopause symptoms - what are yours?
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2016, 07:11:24 PM »

Do the vessels dilate immediately B4 the flush?  :-\

Witches Cat

« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2016, 07:00:42 AM »

Hi CLKD, yes immediately before, no matter what I'm doing, suddenly I can breath clearly and then the creeping heat begins... I supposed I should be pleased that I get a warning... flushes not happening quite so much now as they did say, six months back.

walking the dog

« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2016, 07:23:43 AM »

Hi pollie I treat the eczema in my ears with hydromil ointment I get off my gp she also gives me a mild steroid cream for when they split open I had a year of microsuction last year where they suck out the dead skin on a regular basis,as I kept getting ear infections but they seem to have cleared up now I hope.my toenails pit and split there's nothing I can do just hide it under nail varnish 😊

aarell

« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2016, 07:54:46 AM »

Has anyone had painful finger nails? It's not so bad now the HRT is kicking in, but it used to drive me mad. My nails just started to split, but to cut and file them argh! They were so sensitive  :(

Smokey

« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2016, 06:27:58 PM »

Hi

Yesterday's aches have arnt so bad today but now my dry eyes are worse and have a new symptom it's like a tension headache  that same tight feeling round your forehead  but it's through/round my eyes now and it seems to make me squint. Not sure what I can take to ease it, it's so annoying I've got eye appointment with opticians next week just in I case I need glasses.

I'm always worried with new symptoms with eyes because of my ms.

Ann x

Janina99

« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2016, 09:15:47 PM »

Just curious as to how your internal trembling and shakiness is now....I'm 56 and one year into my menopause and its the worst feeling ever....between the internal vibrations and twitches....I feel like I'm losing it....any suggestions??

Cazikins

« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2016, 11:35:49 PM »

Just curious as to how your internal trembling and shakiness is now....I'm 56 and one year into my menopause and its the worst feeling ever....between the internal vibrations and twitches....I feel like I'm losing it....any suggestions??

Hi Janina99,
I have benign essential tremor which sounds similar to what you describe. It is mainly shaking/trembling in my hands & I've had it for about 6 years or so. I take a low dose beta blockers (propanol) & it takes the edge off of it.

Justjules

« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2016, 07:52:25 AM »

My trembling and shaking is getting me down now after over a month of it. It starts when I walk down stairs in the morning my thighs and legs tremble and then I'm shaky all day inside and out but every keeps saying it's just anxiety but it makes me panic. Mine started when I came off BBs and when I re-started Citalopram so I can't work out which one is causing it.

Cagsy51

« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2016, 09:35:39 AM »

I've had all the usual peri symptoms but now I've started with a brown stringy discharge which is worrying me

Taz2

« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2016, 11:54:27 AM »

It's common during peri Cagsy51. It's a mixture of older blood plus normal discharge. The time to worry is if it smells horrible - best to get it checked out then as it could be a sign of infection.  This is from an American menopause site "

What Can be the Cause of Brown Discharge Instead of Period?

Menstruation is the process of rejection and discharge of previously proliferated endometrium through the vagina. Brown mucous discharge instead of period can be associated with perimenopause, hormonal disruption, stress, etc."

Hope this helps.

Taz x

clare663

« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2016, 03:33:35 PM »

I get sore eyes with or without my contact lenses. Ive got short sight but different lenses so I can see long and short distances but on HRT I can no longer see close up!! I also get a blocked ear in the mornings and feel like I have fluid in them!!

Meg

« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2016, 09:45:21 PM »

Wholly identify with most of the symptoms.  Feelings of anxiety, depression, the flushes are for most of us the pits!  Add in morning nausea which can come and go, it is no wonder we feel depressed!

Meg

clare663

« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2016, 07:04:48 PM »

Hi sparkle.  I'm 5 years post meno and have only had the problem when on hrt but yes exactly how you described and sensitive to light especially at work when all I want to do is put my sunglasses on!!!

Smokey

« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2016, 10:39:09 AM »

I'm sensitive to light to, I wear my sunglasses everywhere , even when it's not sunny, and in restaurants when eating as their lights play havoc with my eyes too, not sure if all is Hrt as I have Ms too.

Ann x

undergroundbarbie

« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2016, 06:44:13 PM »

Well ladies, truly cheered me up, what a great thread. Oh by the way I had a metallic taste 32 years ago, my daughter is 33 next month... ;D ;D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16