Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT, weight gain and appetite  (Read 4861 times)

Chi chi

HRT, weight gain and appetite
« on: August 27, 2015, 04:09:48 PM »

Is it normal to have massive cravings/appetite especially for sweet stuff as well as weight gain while on HRT?
I noticed slight weight gain along with bigger boobs a few months ago but for a few weeks now I'm craving sweet stuff and also things like bread and mash potatoe  ???

Taz2

Re: HRT, weight gain and appetite
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 04:14:18 PM »

I tended to get that when I had to have progesterone just like used to happen with my normal cycle. I used to crave something sweet and then something savoury and tangy - one after the other. Since only having oestrogen HRT that feeling has gone.

Taz x

Chi chi

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 04:17:33 PM »

I'm taking utrogestan at the moment 4 days into 7 but I haven't taken it for the last 3 or so months?  :neutral:

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 04:23:47 PM »

It may be just a natural change. Has it got worse over the last four days?

Taz x

Chi chi

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 04:26:54 PM »

Maybe? No not any worse since starting utrogestan I've felt like this for a few weeks if not months, was at a family BBQ at the weekend and everyone was convinced I was pregnant  :o

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 04:35:08 PM »

I did mean to say that on the oestrogen only HRT I put on weight and had a continuously bloated appearance. I wasn't sue if it was an after effect of the hysterectomy. The GP swapped me from Evorel to FemSeven as I remembered feeling more comfy on FemSeven than Evorel in the past. Over six weeks I lost all of the weight gain and two inches from my waist measurement. My bloated bit was sort of around the middle not the lower tummy. I thought the FemSeven was suiting me better but a couple of weeks ago the hot flushes and bladder symptoms returned as if I wasn't on any HRT at all! I now think I'm not absorbing FemSeven due to them not sticking that well and I will probably have to go back onto Evorel and put up with the "fatness" again.

Taz x

Chi chi

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 04:55:56 PM »

why does there always have to be a trade off  ::)
I'm wondering if it's the oestrogel? I haven't ever been on anything else hrt wise

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 07:38:33 PM »

I get carvings for sweet stuff/carbs when I have a migraine and during ( and I think just after) the progesterone phase of hRT and also used to get this peri-menstrually too. The menstrual cycle and reproductive hormones are well known for their affects on blood sugar.

Are you still having a natural cycle ie ovulating? If so could it be this stage of your cycle and do you know which part you are in?

Both oestrogen and progesterone affect the boobs in different ways!

Hurdity x

Chi chi

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 08:03:02 PM »

I have no idea Hurdity  :-\  I'm currently taking utrogestan vaginally but haven't for the last 2/3 months as I've had what seemed to be a regular bleed, same time each month. This month the date came and went and I had no bleed so thought I should take th utrogestan.

I have no clue as to what or where my cycle is?

I'm interested to know about how each hormone effects the boobs? I remember 2/3 years ago my boobs were so painful, at the time didn't think about hormones