Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hunger = adrenaline surges?  (Read 9878 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Hunger = adrenaline surges?
« on: August 27, 2015, 09:16:29 AM »

I have been doing really well on the BCP for the last week or so. Felt more stable and contented than I have done in months and months.

Then out of the blue yesterday I got two nasty adrenaline surges in quick succession, and I have felt on edge and anxious since.

But thinking back to yesterday I missed breakfast, only had a very small sandwich for lunch but did have a bug packet of Skittles! And it was less than 2 hours later that I had the two nasty adrenaline surges.

Wondering if there's a connection? Only had a small portion of lasagne for dinner then a thin slice of cake, which I didn't fancy at all but my daughter had baked it.

Woke twice in the night feeling anxious and in edge but got back to sleep quickly. Then woke about 6ish feeling really quite jittery.

Felt better once I got up. Missed breakfast again and I don't seem to have much appetite (unlike when I was on HRT and I could have eaten the house).

I have also lost 4lbs this last week.

Presumably (it's been 20 days on it now) the Pill has now shut down my ovaries so this can't still be hormonal surges or fluctuations can it?

So wondering if yesterday was caused by just not havjng enough to eat and too much sugar from the Skittles?

Spangles

Re: Hunger = adrenaline surges?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 09:38:41 AM »

Hi GRL
I've felt exactly the same this week but not changed any meds or anything. It's awfull to feel like this and yes I think there is a link with not eating properly and adrenaline surges. What do you do though when you have no appetite? I'm struggling at the moment and everything I try to eat just upsets me and makes me nauseous.
Big Hugs
Shellb
xXx

jedigirl

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 09:49:44 AM »

Hi both,
When I am feeling sickly hungry but have no appetite I drink a protein drink. If you keep them in the fridge they're quite nice to drink and have different flavours. Great for keeping up your vitamins too and staves off those weird surges. Most supermarkets sell them now.
Jedigirl xxx

dazned

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 10:10:34 AM »

Eat little and often it really does help ,I know it's hard to when you really don't feel like it but it's very important to eat breakfast even if it's a banana,or porridge,even a couple of biscuits.

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 01:21:18 PM »

Every time I eat just lately I feel sick, in fact I was yesterday, just bile. Having the anxious stomach all the time doesn't help. I'm always bloated and full of wind but since I was sick I'm worrying about being sick! How silly is that? I have started back on the macrobiotic today to see if that helps.
Does anyone Else ever this?

2cats

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 01:58:48 PM »

Hi Shellb,

I have come back on the forum today as I am not feeling physically well atm - horrid taste in my mouth again, constant heady feeling and feel sick when I eat.  Loads of wind and stomach is bloated again...don't know what I'm doing to cause it but I wish I knew how to make it go away.  So tired again too, though I am carrying on as normal but for a snooze here and there if I can.

I hope it's hormonal fluctuations as at least it might settle down again automatically, when the hormones do.

SadLynda

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 02:34:22 PM »

I am a firm believer in eating regularly, and sleeping if possible (I do the first one).  My daughter who is going through pre-natal depression will NOT eat regularly or properly and I can see what that does, My son-in-law who is also going through some form of mental illness is up all night and also does not eat as he should.

I have porridge for breakfast, a banana and nuts mid morning, lunch, mid afternoon snack or shake, dinner and something before bed.. yes, there is a chance I will put on more weight, but I havent so far as I walk many hours in the day and do yoga.  This is new this week for the afternoon one, as I was finding tea time to be a rough time for me and wondered if it was a drop.

Spangles

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 03:01:06 PM »

I'm so full of wind and bloated, I just don't know what to eat, any suggestions? I need something gentle on my tummy xXx

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 03:10:05 PM »

When I drop weight for whatever reason I do not do as well. My body knows what weight is best for me and I am much better and nicer to live with if I eat properly and stay at the correct weight for me.

Pollie

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 04:19:49 PM »

I'm so full of wind and bloated, I just don't know what to eat, any suggestions? I need something gentle on my tummy xXx

I get diverticulitis (inflamed/infected colon) from time to time and know that porridge (as it has soluble fibre as opposed to insoluble) and Live Bio yoghurts are my safe soothing foods

Pollie

Spangles

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 04:45:37 PM »

Yogurts used to be good for me too but recently they have made me vomit so I'm looking for something else. xXx

Backagain

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »

Yes!

Exactly the same thing happened to me on Saturday. I have had no appetite lately and ate an ice cream, which I didn't really want, and within an hour had a massive adrenaline rush. Jittery feeling stayed until Sunday night. Makes me all jerky and trembly. Horrible.

I try and eat every 3 hours even if I don't fancy it. Protein and slow release foods good. Think it has something to do with insulin!

Hope this helps. Hope your jittery feeling soon passes.

babyjane

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 05:56:48 PM »

too much refined sugar does it to me too  :spin:

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 07:12:29 PM »

I agree with Pollie about porridge (assuming it means oatmeal). I really should be eating that every single morning because I notice a BIG difference in how my stomach acts if I have "cheated" and had bread instead. Not to forget that oats are great for the heart and blood pressure :) !

TropicalVon69

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 07:24:18 PM »

Sadlynda, that is the way I am eating, don't care about putting on weight as I am more active......suits me much better when I eat well and snack.....even eat through the night if I wake up, just a biscuit or something not sugary and drink water....it helps me with palps x
Pages: [1] 2