Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: CHANGE OF TABLETS  (Read 5167 times)

Kazzie

CHANGE OF TABLETS
« on: August 26, 2015, 08:51:28 PM »

Hi I have been taking premique low dose for 2 years for very early menopause, I am 46 now, there is an issue at the moment with supply of premique and have been prescribed femostan conti low dose which seems to be a slight different make up to premique. Started taking today and worried I might start have some symptons recurring due to the change in type. Can't bear the thought of going back to flushes etc? Any thoughts on this ?

dazned

Re: CHANGE OF TABLETS
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 09:10:23 PM »

Hi and  :welcomemm:

Femoston conti is much kinder to your system than premique ,so you should be fine ,most ladies do well on it. As anything new there might be some adjustments to get used to,hopefully not too many.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 09:40:41 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Kazzie
Dazned is right - hopefully you will do well on Femoston.  It not only has a kinder progesterone but the oestrogen is bio identical (so the same as our body would produce) and these newer types of HRT are deemed preferable by many and often suit women better. You may notice a few symptoms to begin with as the hormones are different but things should settle quickly. I would certainly be happier to be on Femoston than Premique.
DG xxx

Kazzie

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 07:05:22 AM »

Thanks you for your responses, it had reassured me as have been worrying! brilliant forum ! Xx

Kazzie

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 09:25:41 PM »

Not sure if it's connected but 5 days in and have nausea ? Any ideas?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 09:01:14 AM »

Sometimes a bit of nausea can happen in the early stages of any HRT. Perhaps make sure you take with food?
I get horrible nausea when not on HRT!!! DG x

Kazzie

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 04:32:53 PM »

Been ill with flu for the last week as well so it could also be that , was just trying to rule the tablets out! 😟

Kazzie

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 06:21:27 PM »

My nausea is so bad I can't eat ! What would happen if I didn't take a tablet until I can get to docs on Tuesday ? Do you think it will effect my hormone levels in a day?! Sorry but I feel so ill I am past myself!

dazned

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 06:32:40 PM »

It really shouldn't be the Femoston making you feel like that as it's far less harsh than premique  :-\
Are you sure you're not coming down with something ?

Kazzie

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 07:05:51 PM »

What are we like!! I have had flu and have felt pretty dreadful so could be that. Thanks for keeping me on track!  X