Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Calling all Grans  (Read 5765 times)

honeybun

Calling all Grans
« on: August 24, 2015, 01:18:01 PM »

I'm looking for some advice as I'm very out of touch with all things baby these days.

My niece is about to have her third baby in October and I'm assembling a present for the new arrival.
I have said I will get the baby bath, the top and tail bowl and the changing mat. It all looks so boring so I want to kind of tart it up with some nice things. I'm going to get a hooded towel....and recommendations on a good one.
I also want to get some baby body creams and wash.....her other kids both had incredibly sensitive skin so I need some recommendations for them too.
Any other ideas of what I can put together to turn a practical present into something a wee bit more thoughtful.

Honeybun
X

purplenanny

Re: Calling all Grans
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 01:44:24 PM »

Aww, that's lovely HB and a great gift idea.

My DIL always buys organic and paraben free lotions and potions for my grandsons. They do some lovely items on Amazon, although they are a tad expensive. Cetaphil Baby is a lovely one

Also maybe a cute little rubber duck!

Does your niece know the sex of the baby yet?

Very exciting - I love babies, especially when they are newly born!
PN x x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 02:12:44 PM »

When my friend had her 1st I did exactly that: bath, bucket, bowl; bucket filled with flowers in the appropriate colour, two small bath towels lining the bath as well as Johnson baby products - talc, body wash, 'q' tips as well as some nice soaps for the new Mum

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 02:30:11 PM »

It's a little boy PN. There has been a wee bit of concern that he is a bit small for dates but as of last Friday he was just over 4lbs, and another nine weeks to go.

Great ideas ladies....keep them coming. Just want to make it a wee bit special.

Honeybun
X

purplenanny

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 03:14:15 PM »

Bless him, I feel sure he will catch up. It is sometimes in the last few weeks there can be a growth spurt!

I like the idea CLKD had of flowers and soaps. Nice to spoil Mum after all her hard work!

PN x x

groundhog

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 05:24:31 PM »

Hb - check out Project B - I did it for my daughter whereby you have a monthly box of goodies geared to the relevant month of pregnancy.  I realise that's not relevant for your niece but they also a new baby box which is like a hamper of things new mum and baby will need - it's really nice.  I can't seem to copy and paste the link sorry xx maybe worth checking out xxx

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 06:28:36 PM »

Oh thanks, off for a look.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 06:45:00 PM »

I weighed in at below 4lb ……….

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 07:17:51 PM »

My niece gets the feeling she will not go full term but we have a viable baby, so that's the important bit.

Fingers and legs crossed...a very small baby is difficult.

Really looking forward to a cuddle with a brand new little life. I love babies  ::)

Honeybun
X