Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Health anxiety  (Read 45802 times)

Cthrnstowe

Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2016, 10:27:06 AM »

Hi everyone, not been on here since last year, tried to fight this meno, been unsuccessful had loads of tests over the last months, I'm fighting the hrt route but I'm really struggling feel like I'm gonna have a breakdown, the health anxiety is unbelievable, I've been awake since 3 this morning just worrying about my health😢 Xx

linz57

« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2016, 11:33:11 AM »

Yes, the dreaded HA, we can tell ourselves we are being irrational but it does help much. Mind you, who wouldn't have HA when virtually every month throws up yet more weird symptoms?
I read that HA is the new term for hypochondria, but to me hypochondria is when a person imagines there's something wrong when they have no symptoms ,whereas HA is an anxiety response to our ever increasing symptoms.
I just know it's a total pain in the ****!
You say you are fighting the hrt route Cthrnstowe but it can help ease the anxiety somewhat, or at least help you cope a little better  :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:36:32 AM by linz57 »

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2016, 01:24:57 PM »

I know it's stupid linz57 and it would probably help but I'm frightened of taking it x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2016, 02:23:36 PM »

So you will continue to feel ill?  What's the worst that could happen?

I'm struggling with depression 2-day and of course, immediately think it will take over again  :'(

Cazikins

« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2016, 03:12:21 PM »

I know it's stupid linz57 and it would probably help but I'm frightened of taking it x

I use to think the same as you but I "gave in" & it helped me so much. I was working full time then & could not cope.

Now 9 years later.............. still on it but a very, very low dose & coping (but not in F/T work).

What made the decision easier for me was when a doctor refused to give me HRT the first time I mentioned - that was like a red rag to a bull.  ;D ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2016, 07:45:25 AM »

So you will continue to feel ill?  What's the worst that could happen?

I'm struggling with depression 2-day and of course, immediately think it will take over again  :'(

Hope you're feeling better today CLKD....

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]