Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Pill to patch  (Read 2546 times)

Anjia

Pill to patch
« on: August 26, 2015, 08:43:48 AM »

Well on the end of second month of patch now and not working for me fedup because it has made my stomach better but the flushes are waking me every night Im so tired today.I suppose I will have to go back to tablets.

Hurdity

Re: Pill to patch
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 05:25:41 PM »

Sorry to hear you still have flushes Anjia. Just remind us of where you are in meno, how old etc and what dose you are on. Did the tablets work and what dose were they?

Hurdity x

Anjia

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 07:20:07 AM »

Thanks Hurdity I am post meno I had a hysterectomy in 2012 and was put on tablet 1mg for a year after that the doctor put it up to 2mg which I have been on since, the last two months I have had the patch it is exactly the same make and strength as the tablet elllesste solo when the gp prescribed it for me I did ask why he could not give me a higher estrogen patch he said because the patch works better than the tablet! Anyway I have flushes waking me every night and dreadful nausea feel worse than when I was on tablets but I have to say I have IBS and that is much better.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 07:53:45 PM »

I'm a bit unclear - oops pressed the wrong button!

Edit:  - what dose patch are you on? They do come in different strengths so if you've gone for example from a 2mg tablet to a 50 mcg patch then it could be that you are feeling the effects of lower oestrogen. You may well absorb the products differently. Patches come in 75 mcg and 100 mcg strengths so perhaps you need the next one up. Sounds like you do need a higher dose if your flushes are back. Yes patches are better for those with stomach problems.

Hurdity x
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:57:18 PM by Hurdity »

Anjia

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 08:02:04 AM »

I am on 40mcg patch Hurdity this is what I mean Its the same strength as the tablet but the doctor said he would only give me this to try first what strength do you think I should ask for 50 or higher.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 02:37:13 PM »

Hi again

40 mcg patch will give you much less oestrogen than 2 mg tablet. I expect the doc wanted to start low and see if symptoms were controlled on the lower dose so that you can increase gradually. You should have been given at least 50 mcg. I'm not sure that small increase will make a difference but yes worth a try! Go for 50 mcg for a month or so and see what happens.

How old are you? I found I was fine on 50 mcg from the start but each time I stop or reduce it the flushes come back.

Hurdity x

Anjia

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »

Thanks Hurdity its such a help I am 54 and had such a dreadful time these past few years just when I thought things were calming down its all starting to go down hill again. I will go back to my gp and ask for 50mcg  wish he would have done it in the first place .