Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: does more oestrogen mean exhaustion?  (Read 20480 times)

pepperminty

does more oestrogen mean exhaustion?
« on: August 23, 2015, 08:36:47 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I have increased my dose of oestrogen slowly to femeston 2/10 by upping initially by half tablets and now onto the full 2/10.

I am worse than ever and more exhausted. I look dreadful, feel more achy etc.

Has anyone had this effect by increasing their dose of oestrogen? - MORE tiredness.

I can barely function so far this morning .

So does more oestrogen sometimes mean worse symptoms?

I hope this all makes sense as I am having to really concentrate as feel so crap.

Pepperminty xx

Sarai

Re: does more oestrogen mean exhaustion?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 09:07:33 AM »

I'm sorry I cant help, just wanted to send hugs.
I don't have hrt and don't understand really about which hormone is good or bad as it slips in and out of our bodies. I wish I did. In fact I dont understand anything except it all bloody awful.

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 09:36:25 AM »

Thanks Sarai,

much appreciated x

Yes it is all bloody awful.

Briony

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:48:42 AM »

I recently asked the same question on here - the answer was very much 'no' - it's progesterone that will cause fatigue.  (See Hurdity's reply) x

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,28295.msg444290.html#msg444290

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 11:22:03 AM »

Thanks Briony,

I have just smashed a china bowl - I know I am poorly because I become very clumsy. I have also attempted to hoover and burst into tears. My hands are so painful my legs and arms are like lead and I could just lie down and never get up again.
But the thing is I am not depressed, if that makes sense. There is a difference as I know it is the hormones. My skin is flaking and dry - overnight.

Pepperminty xxx

Briony

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 11:34:00 AM »

To me, that sounds like fluctuating levels  - it's just how I am before I come on (when levels are dropping suddenly)  but also how I can be when the progesterone dose in QLaira goes up part way through the month.  It's hideous and I always feel so pathetic when I say 'I am tired' - but it's just such an overwhelming tiredness isnt' it? Are you now on the progesterone phase of the Femeston?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 11:55:44 AM »

pepperminty - what you are describing sounds more like you suffering with or have had a virus and now have some post viral fatigue.  I had a virus about 3 weeks ago when I felt exactly the same - everything hurt and I just wanted to sleep  - I was completely shattered. We often blame our hormones and/or HRT for how we feel when there are other factors at play. If you were on the progesterone phase then that could be contributing to how you feel. 
You do sound very stressed and anxious and perhaps you are hoping HRT will solve all your problems.  Are you sleeping well? Are you over doing it generally? Are you Vitamin D deficient?  My skin is not nearly so flaky and dry with HRT - Dry flaky skin could be helped with some Omega 3.
The recent humid weather has been a breeding ground for viruses around where we are and everyone is tired and tetchy because they can't sleep in this heat.
Do look at your lifestyle and see if you can build some more relaxation into your life.  I've had to do this, I now say "no" to many things and I feel better for it. Is anyone going to to die if the hoovering isn't done?
The meno is a difficult time for many of us and whether you use HRT or not you do need to reassess what is important.  Why not lie on the sofa with a magazine for an hour with a nice cup of tea? It is Sunday afternoon after all. DG x

Briony

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 12:11:12 PM »

Is anyone going to to die if the hoovering isn't done?

My new motto! x

pepperminty

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 03:36:53 PM »

Hi girls,

I am not stressed and enjoy hovering, it only took 10mins to do. I take vitamins, garlic and Omega 3 regularly and am taking it very easy as not working at the moment. I am still on the oestrogen phase and will start progesterone tomorrow.

It is definitely my hormones, even when I am happy I could cry.
Funny last night for the first time in ages I was effected by the heat and felt all hot flushy. This had gone previously, and even when it was hot I had no problems . So therefore it all points towards hormones.
I am very happy and relaxed, just completely hormonal.
In between pottering I have been reading and relaxing. I have been eating well and going to bed at 10pm, and sleeping well , yet I am still feeling awful.   

I am making a GP appointment tomorrow , so hopefully I will be able to see him this week sometime . I think I am going to try the pill.

Peppermintyxx

LW44

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 03:45:38 PM »

hi pepperminty

I know exactly what u mean..  perfectly content with life..but emotions/hormones everywhere.   when i started my oestrogen hrt about 2 months ago.. i was wiped out..slept like a log..so deep but felt like needed hrs more.. i was sleeping 10 hrs a night !  with no waking up.. felt groggy..seems to be evening out a bit now..x

pepperminty

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 04:01:23 PM »

Hi LW44,

Thanks, it's a mare. I am actually sleeping longer and deeper , but feel 10 times worse. I felt great a month ago!  :-\
3 weeks of a higher dose and I am dreadful.

I am glad you are evening out as it were. Lets hope it continues!

Yep I have a lovely new man, I am taking it easy and still my hormones are hay wire.

Deep joy.

peppermintyxx

LW44

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 04:34:11 PM »

aww.. i know.. my man not that new - 3 years.. but he's never seen me like this... the woman he knows left her abusive husband with 2 children and a suitcase... set up home from nothing !  not this crying anxious woman !  lovely news a new man :-) a much welcome distraction from all the meno choas.. ;-) ps and he still wants to marry me next year ! x

pepperminty

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 05:25:43 PM »

Hi LW44,

He sounds like a keeper, so that's brilliant. He probably knows how strong and capable you are ! I am very lucky as mine is a sweetie too.

Pepperminty xx

Briony

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 09:43:22 PM »

Hi LW44,

Thanks, it's a mare. I am actually sleeping longer and deeper , but feel 10 times worse. I felt great a month ago!  :-\
3 weeks of a higher dose and I am dreadful.

I am glad you are evening out as it were. Lets hope it continues!

Yep I have a lovely new man, I am taking it easy and still my hormones are hay wire.

Deep joy.

peppermintyxx

Just been reading on another thread about how long it takes for HRT to work post hysterectomy. The poster, who was in her 30s, was advised it could take months. The same person had very prominent fluctuations before her op meaning she could tell if estrogen was too high (jittery, too much energy, snappy, tingling boobs) or too low (fatigued, low mood, foggy head). It was interesting to read this as I still get confused about the difference between the two xx

LW44

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 10:07:00 PM »

hi briony.. out of curiosty..why did she have a hysterectomy ? x
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6