Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: does more oestrogen mean exhaustion?  (Read 20468 times)

pepperminty

Re: does more oestrogen mean exhaustion?
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2015, 07:01:41 PM »

Thanks Briony,
it did cheer me up. Yes pants timing.

Pmintyxx

pepperminty

« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2015, 06:23:40 PM »

Started the pill today in place of HRT and terrified that it may not work or give me more side effects.

That's the peri meno health anxiety for you.

I am desperate for it to help, - I am aware that nothing is perfect , but no 2 week periods and less exhaustion would help.

I have a bit of a headache , but I am hoping that it is just a headache and not anything pill related. I also feel tired , but again I have just started my period , so I would be - it is so easy to blame the meds - just as we do with HRT when it could be a number of other factors.

Fingers crossed ladies.

Pmintyxx

Hurdity

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2015, 07:28:37 PM »

Hope it makes you feel better pepperminty! Remind me what pill you are taking and how old you are?

Do hope the headache clears  :)

Hurdity x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2015, 08:32:45 PM »

Keeping everything crossed for you xxx

Briony

« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2015, 09:02:43 PM »

Pepperminty, the pill you're on is pretty similar to the one I take - lower dose estrogen and a less progesterone dominant progesterone. (Q is  four phase and bio identical though). Looking back at my diary, I had real health anxiety at the start and was petrified that if it didn't work, what on earth was left to consider. I did get side effects in the first few weeks, especially itching and spotting. By month three final bleed was less than a drip. Most significantly, by month three my whole outlook had improved. I started to regain my sense of perspective. The fatigue took longer to shift than I'd expected - would get random moments when it struck - but now it never lasts more than a few hours. The down days are no longer down weeks/fort nights. Overall I am so glad I moved to the pill - even if it's not perfect - and hopefully a similar pill could have similar effects for you too xxx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]