Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do men listen?  (Read 7918 times)

Limpy

Re: Do men listen?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »

they also don't see the obvious  ::).

We had all the family here this weekend for his birthday with a lunch party yesterday.  He posted on FB to thank them all for coming and for his presents.  Am I pathetic to feel a bit miffed that he has not thanked me for arranging it, doing the catering and doing the spare rooms so they could stay over.  I just want a little thank you of appreciation, we all like to be appreciated don't we.  Now I'm whining........  :(

You're not whining.
Perhaps ask him if things were to his satisfaction?
You assume not, given he hasn't said anything to you about enjoying things. You couldn't tell if things were up standard as you were too busy and wiped out after the extra work that was involved.

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 02:10:23 PM »

oh they were to his satisfaction, he has posted on FB what a lovely day he had.  I would just like a little acknowledgement but the moment has passed and I am not going to make an issue about it, that is childish. 

Just thought I would lay it down here and then I can move on...........

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 02:23:59 PM »

I would just ask if he had a lovely day.....to his face and not say you saw it on FB. Along with a little comment on how you expect something similar from him when it comes to your birthday.
You are right, it's nice to have an acknowledgment.

When my kids were little, when they finished a meal they were taught to say it was nice, they enjoyed it and thank you. They do it till this day. I'm sure they don't even think about it now it's just part of them.....but I have watched them do it in relatives houses and it goes down well.

Nothing wrong with showing appreciation......you sound as if you worked really hard to give him a lovely day so well done you. He is a lucky man....perhaps you should remind him of that fact  ::)

Honeybun
X

babyjane

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 03:41:34 PM »

I might just do that honeybun  ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 03:56:29 PM »

He needs  :kick: BabyJane ……. ……….  I would feel that I was being taken for granted  >:(
Pages: 1 [2]