Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Confused  (Read 2264 times)

Shelby

Confused
« on: August 24, 2015, 06:10:54 PM »

Okay once again I need to pick your wonderful brains...
Last Gp I saw prescribed Femosten 1/10 said its highly unlikely I am still fertile, said try this for 3 months to settle symptoms ( nine full on periods in 3 and half months plus loads of other symptoms) did blood test.
Spoke to a different GP today for results, and said defo peri not full on menopausal, although levels fluctuate so can't be sure....
So ... Am I still fertile or not?.....help, one says use contraception, one said I shouldn't need it anymore. Hence starting the Femosten and not something else.. Will the Femosten increase my fertility. Confused and anxiety levels on the up again...
Another question, if you are on HRT how do you know when your fertility has gone if you are still having monthly bleeds  thanks all xx
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:17:34 PM by Shelby »

dazned

Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 06:16:35 PM »

Well I would guess since you still having periods in the true sense of the word you are not menopausal surely.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 06:20:24 PM »

I am certainly not an expert but if you are still peri then there is still a small chance you get pregnant even on HRT.  If you have still been getting natural periods then I believe you could get pregnant. I don't think HRT makes you more fertile though.  I would use a condom for the time being. You don't say how old you are? If after a year they do a blood test which shows an oestrogen level consistent with the amount of HRT you are using then this might show you are post meno.  They may ask you to come off HRT for a month before doing the blood test to truly tell whether you are post meno. If you are under 54 I wouldn't take any chances.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 06:35:45 PM »

If you have a cycle i.e. periods you are still fertile and not in menopause.  Peri is the months when hormones begin to dip and dive causing intermittent bleeds, anxiety surges, possible flushing.  Blood tests are reliably un-reliable in stating whether a lady is in peri or not.