Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Menopace  (Read 7000 times)

Cthrnstowe

Menopace
« on: August 21, 2015, 01:24:08 PM »

Hi ladies
Has anyone taken Menopace? A few month ago I started taking it hadn't had a period for a few month and thought it might help with my other symptoms, only took it for a few days then had a really bad period so panicked and stopped taking it, was thinking of giving it another go xx

Spadger

Re: Menopace
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 02:07:56 PM »

Hi Cthrnstowe,
I took Menopace & then the more expensive Menopace Plus for about a year (a couple of years ago now) and initially I felt that the Menopace Plus version was working - not so many hot flushes etc...then it just sort of became ineffective and I stopped buying it. 
I believe some ladies have some success with it though, so keep trying - I think it's the type of thing which you have to keep taking for a while before you notice the benefits. 
love Spadger x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 05:13:12 PM »

Hi Cthrnstowe

I've never taken it but it's the sort of thing I might have taken when I was peri-menopausal if it had been around. However looking at the formulation it's mainly a mulit-vitamin and mineral supplement with some additional phyto-oestrogens. These latter have very weak oestrogen like activity so could possibly have a weak effect, although like many of us who have taken similar things during peri-menopause - it's a moot point whether they actually work or whether the changes experienced would have happened anyway as hormones fluctuate.

It's always best at this stage to get as much nutrients as you can from your diet - so improvements here (if necessary) will pay dividends health-wise. Taking it won't affect your periods though, which will be different during peri-menopause.

If it's any help there's a great article about what happens to the body during peri-menopause here: http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php  and information about phyto-oestrogens (such as are found in Menopace) here: http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/phytoestrogens.php

Hope this helps!  :)

Hurdity x

caz24

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 06:21:26 PM »

Hi there

I take Menopace and have done for a while, I'm in the peri stage and and as Hurdity said your periods will be all over the place anyway and in my experience taking Menopace has had no influence on my periods. I have experienced the whole horrible lot where they're concerned!
I started taking the supplement as I was having night sweats and horrible moods with anxiety and those symptoms have definitely improved for me. Of course it could all be psychological but I feel loads better for now so I'll carry on taking them x

toffeecushion

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 08:46:23 AM »

Did you decide to give it another go?  I am going to buy some today, did you try the plus one or the original?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 09:00:16 AM »

I took Menopace religiously for nearly 5 months. Perhaps it boosted my vitamin intake? But it made absolutely no difference to my peri symptoms. Infact I became progressively worse.

From a health point of view making sure you are getting enough vitamins is important. But there are lots of good quality vitamins on the market which are much cheaper than Menopace.

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 07:57:39 PM »

No I didn't give it another go, it was the original x