Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Patch  (Read 2707 times)

Anjia

Patch
« on: August 19, 2015, 03:56:26 PM »

I am new to the patch as I have been on pills and find that the night before I need to change to a new patch I get real bad flushes its as if it runs out of hormone to fast. Does anyone else have this problem .

Dancinggirl

Re: Patch
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 04:41:41 PM »

When I tried patches I found I got a rush of hormones in the first day which made me feel hot and bothered, then it wore off quite a bit by day 3 - I felt as though I was on a roller coaster.  Many women are absolutely fine on Patches and I think you do need to give it 2-3 month sfro the body to adjust and balance out.    I've always preferred to use Oestrogel which is applied daily to inner thighs either morning or night - or sometimes even morning AND night if you want. DG x

Poppyflower

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 10:41:55 PM »

Yes, I am now on 75 estradot patches and I also feel like it runs out before the third day. Instead on changing them twice a week I now change every 3 days and leave my old patch on for one extra day. So far not sure if this is making much of a difference but I will persevere and keep on it for the three months. I was previously on birth control instead and also believe I may just be reacting to a lot less of an estrogen dosage. Still just trying to work things out but I am so impatient and sick of it all!!!

Anjia

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 12:45:56 PM »

I am sick of it to Poppyflower I was on a tablet but new it stopped doing its job, another thing is it right that its best to have showers and not baths when you have a patch I love my baths .

Galadriel

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 03:39:47 PM »

Hi Poppyflower,

I use estradot patches too and it took a wee while to adjust to them.

They're working fine and I torture tested their stickiness on holiday this year.
They performed superbly in the sticky heat of Orlando (42 degrees and 85% humidity). I swam every day and chilled out in the spa for up to 2 hours at a time and they never fell off so I think you will be safe with a bath.

That said, I forgot to stick it on my belly instead of my butt one day and I lost it in one of the water parks. :o
To be fair to it, I'd just come whooshing down a very fast flume ride with a five story drop at the end. The run-off channel shoved my bikini bottoms right up my cheeks and I think this is when I lost it. ::)

I never noticed until that evening when it was patch change day and I couldn't find it. Roped DH into hunting for it but we both reckon the Humunga Kowabunga ride ripped it off. I was too busy extracting my bikini from the ol' cheeks to take notice at the time. ;D

I hope yours settle soon.

Galadriel x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 05:04:44 PM »

;D Galadriel - love your story!

Anjia when my husband put a shower in a couple of years ago I seem to have stopped having baths but I was fine with the patches except on a Friday morning which was change day, sometimes they floated off if I soaked too long. Also in the shower if it's near a change day and I use lots of conditioner (I have mid-length hair) this sometimes loosens it a bit (stuck to my bum!). You just need to be aware and often it's possible to stick it back on again if it comes loose a bit by pressing with a warm palm for a couple of minutes again.

I never find they run out, nor that flushes return before change time - I change every 3 1/2 days - Mon eve and Fri morning. I've been using these (Estradot) for 8 + years.

Hurdity x  :)