Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Yesterday's disaster  (Read 2273 times)

Nefersmum

Yesterday's disaster
« on: August 21, 2015, 09:15:46 PM »

After a long and trying day yesterday I came home and decided to do some nice craft work to wind down.  Sat watching the telly in my rocking chair and promptly fell asleep (turning into a right 'ole cliche!)  Nothing wrong with that until the wretched rocking chair decided to go feral and tipped up, depositing me head first onto the desk, whereupon I promptly woke up to an enormous goose egg on my forehead and a chipped front tooth.   I've spent today feeling more than usually absent and wishing that I could spend the rest of my natural life in bed.   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Yesterday's disaster
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 09:41:06 PM »

OUCH!  is the rocking chair made of wood?  if so, poke the wood burner with it  ;)
Gets your own back …….

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 09:44:55 PM »

Oh poor you, sounds really painful....but I have to ask, how on earth  :o

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 09:46:12 PM »

Busy, involved, dreams maybe  ;)

Riding a horse perhaps or water ski-ing?

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 09:47:33 PM »

Backwards yes but forwards , oh heck.

Not a nice chair at all.  ???

Honeybun
X

Nefersmum

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 10:07:21 PM »

I stupidly have it on a rug - to protect the floor ;D ;D - and I think what happened is that the rockers just tipped right forward while I was asleep and I slumped forward, only waking when my head connected with the desk.   I have the most lovely black eye today too.   Very festive. 

The chair already has a bit of a criminal record.   I have to wear a surgical caliper on my left leg and I was sitting in the chair to fasten it on and just lost balance or something.  Chair tipped over, depositing me head first onto the floor.  I ended up with a shocking nosebleed and an inch deep gouge in my leg from the buckle of the caliper which took months to heal.   

I've finally admitted defeat, much as I love the damn thing.   I'll have to find a chair with proper legs to replace it then at least it won't be conspiring to finish me off. 

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 03:47:37 PM »

Wood burner then  ;D

How's the bruise, helped by frozen peas?

Limpy

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 05:58:40 PM »

Your chair sounds horrid Nefersmum.
How far away was the desk from the malevolent chair?
It would seem best to get shut of the chair given all of it's exploits

Nefersmum

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 09:39:32 PM »

It's the one I use at the desk so it was quite close but I was sitting back watching the telly when I fell asleep.   Family are now nagging me to replace it which seems reasonable under the circumstances.   Nothing with wheels though - knowing my luck it would be possessed by the spirit of it's predecessor and shoot backwards just as my bum was heading downwards.   Argos catalogue here we come. 

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 09:46:41 PM »

Oh yes get rid of the thing. It's possessed by something really not nice at all.

I loved the fact you had it on a rug that protects the floor. Begs the question of what protects your head. Only way I would keep it is if you wear a crash helmet when sitting on it  ::)

Honeybun
X