Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Introducing myself after lurking for some time!  (Read 3732 times)

rachthemidwife

Introducing myself after lurking for some time!
« on: August 19, 2015, 10:48:35 PM »

Hi. I'm Rachel and I am 53. I went on hrt in the peri menopause when my main symptoms were being emotionally erratic, loss of confidence, hideous restless leg syndrome and complete loss of libido. Although I had hot flushes, the other symptoms were more distressing. I made my way through a few types of hrt and found trisequens and elleste duet good good for quite a while. When things slid, I asked for a referral to Oxford and found the service great. I tried Tibolone and then femostan conti, both of which were good enough for a year or so. Things recently slid again and I am now trying Vagifem (brilliant), utrogestan (making me have pregnancy symptoms without the joy of a baby!) and one sachet daily of Sandrena (which I think is probably my thing but I'm wondering if I need more of it as I'm having hot flushes. Anyway, I've stopped lurking as I recognise that my menopause isn't going away anytime soon and I may need support from people that have been there and know what's what. Bit of background - my mum was awful with the menopause (really pretty mad) until she went (and stayed for the rest of her life) on hrt so I really fear not being on some form of hrt. Also, I have for sons and a husband so feel in need of a female shoulder right now ...

rachthemidwife

Re: Introducing myself after lurking for some time!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 11:07:40 PM »

Thanks, sparkle. Now I just have to work out exactly how to use the forum and sort out my settings!

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 07:04:53 AM »

:welcomemm: from me too!

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 09:40:45 AM »

Hi and welcome , we all support each other here xx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 05:35:19 PM »

Hi rachel FD and another :welcomemm: !

Glad you seem to be finding an HRT regime that suits you - welcome to the Utrogestan gang too! I use this but only on a cyclical basis as I use it vaginally and don't want to use it all the time. I would quite like the idea of a lower dose though! I presume you are post-menopausal now?

Hope you enjoy the support, advice and friendship from this forum!  :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 06:26:43 PM »

:welcomemm:

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 09:04:43 PM »

Welcome Rachel

Lots of very lovely and supportive women on here.

Chi chi

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 12:47:21 PM »

Hi and welcome  :welcomemm:
I'm in Oxford and wondered who you see as I'm thinking of changing and finding someone new?

TropicalVon69

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 02:24:50 PM »

Hi Rachel....you will get such support here for om wonderful women without whom I may not have been here today....sounds dramatic but true....I haven't posted lots but the advice and posts I've read have got me through.....xxx

rachthemidwife

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 12:24:47 PM »

Hi ladies. Thanks for the messages. How do I get notifications of replies and so keep an eye on the thread? I thought I'd set it up in my settings but I don't get any and have to hunt around! Estelle, I see Jan Brockie and she is delightful. The first time I met her I realised that she had been my mentor for a while when she was a newly qualified midwife and I was a student midwife. She was inspirational for me as a young student and I knew as soon as I realised she was running the menopause clinic that I was in safe hands.

pepperminty

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 04:18:09 PM »

hi Rachel FD,

welcome , I click on the bit at the top of the page where it says new replies to your posts. It hopefully should say that at the top of the page once you log onto the forum.

peppermintyxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 04:37:16 PM »

press 'show unread posts since last visit' - sometimes it works for me, others it doesn't show all the new responses and I have to trawl through  ::)

I found that eating a lot of bananas stopped the restless leg syndrome completely: it was a lack of potassium.  Some people find magnesium depletion can cause RLS too.  Awful condition!

Have a browse round  ;)