Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feel so Stodgy  (Read 4742 times)

toffeecushion

Feel so Stodgy
« on: August 19, 2015, 04:10:55 PM »

Anyone else feel so stiff, achy and sluggish.  I seem to have lost the ability to move.  I think I need some kind of exercise to loosen me up a bit.  Going to try walking and a healthy eating regime at the weekend.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feel so Stodgy
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 04:57:54 PM »

Getting moving will certainly help.  Have a look at your diet in general and make sure you are hydrated.  I feel fat! but it's probably due to lack of exercise ……….  :D …… is there anyone you could walk with?

mandy43

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 05:20:34 PM »

I am with you toffeecushion.  At the moment I am bloated to hell.  water balloons for boobs, bloated stomach and really bad stomach ache, can't put my feet to the floor after a rest as I'm crippled.  I walked 7 miles today, just to push myself and despite the exercise I am doing I'm putting weight on.  I feel absolutely awful.  I am at a point in my life that everything is getting on top of me and I feel really low and angry.

toffeecushion

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 05:40:11 PM »

I am with you toffeecushion.  At the moment I am bloated to hell.  water balloons for boobs, bloated stomach and really bad stomach ache, can't put my feet to the floor after a rest as I'm crippled.  I walked 7 miles today, just to push myself and despite the exercise I am doing I'm putting weight on.  I feel absolutely awful.  I am at a point in my life that everything is getting on top of me and I feel really low and angry.

I am exactly the same, if I sit still for even a short time I can't move as my ankles hurt and my legs feel stiff.  First thing in the morning is terrible.  But I also feel stiff all over if that makes sense.  And even though I try to watch what I eat I just can't lose weight.  It is getting me down, I know I need to lose weight, but it just isn't happening.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 09:34:06 PM »

7 miles  :o  :medal:  of course, if you do that sort of mileage regularly, you will put on muscle  ;)

mandy43

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 02:08:32 PM »

Toffeecushion and sparkle... that's what makes me better... a period.  I am hopefully going to get one because I ovulated, but I keep saying to my husband, come the day when they stop completely, am I going to be permanently bloated, aching and an absolute mess... I'm dreading it.  CKLD, really I walk that everyday now as I sold my car, so that I would have to walk, in an attempt to lose weight.  That was last Xmas and I'm bigger now!!  This is a living nightmare, I hate it and I am so jealous of women, like my sister, who have sailed through it, with no symptoms and have actually lost weight!!  Can I just add, I love having periods, it makes me feel so much lighter and I don't want them to end :'(

mandy43

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 05:32:19 PM »

who knows, Sparkle!  Either that or we'll end up a couple of umpalumpas haha!!

toffeecushion

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »

We can't just get bigger and bigger, can we? :o

bev18

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 06:51:22 PM »

Me 3 and 4.

Everything's swollen.

Just been to gp to sort out my hrt. He's put me on evorel sequi patches not sure of strength cos prescriptions in the kitchen. I'll get them tomorrow. Then go and see him in a month.

My criteria were, they need to not effect my diabetes, thyroid gland and have few side effects, and hopefully not put weight on. I even said I've given up trying to loose weight, it's trying not to put it on lol.  Oh and to stop me wanting to throw tins of peas at hubby for stupid reasons.

mandy43

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 09:21:25 PM »

I feel so bad today, like I have the flu, my skin is really sensitive, feel really hot but no temp and headache... is this peri?  Oh, I give up, I seem to be blaming everything on this bloody thing!!

BrightLight

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 11:45:38 PM »

Yes to most of this - I have not been eating differently but slowly gaining weight, which seems to have speeded up in the last year and along with that the crunching, aching body and general sluggish feeling.  I do have a solitary job and less active in my day to day than I was a few years ago.

I started walking a few weeks ago, just walking for no reason ha - I needed to feel active again, even if my body didn't feel like it.  I bought a pedometer and that is motivating me - every day I try and do more steps, no pressure, I have just tried to put it into my routine and feel good that I have. 

Then...last week I signed up to a free trial of Davina get fit - it is weight loss and excercise routine tailored for you - I haven't followed the diet, I just wanted some ideas for excercises I could do at home.  Weight bearing and resistance for bones and muscles - my muscles are not what they were :(

Anyhow it feels OK, although I think I overdid it and felt exhausted today - what I like about it, is that it is interval training, which is short and done in no time, seems to give me an energy boost and i know this type of excercise is meant to burn fat more efficiently than say an hours cycling, which I just couldn't ever motivate myself to do for excercise - I might just bumble along for fun, but not work my body in anyway.

So far, so good with adding these things to my day - I'm hoping it will help with the blobby feeling and strengthen my body.  Fingers crossed.

BrightLight

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 11:16:12 AM »

Yes a crunchy neck and upper back and its definitely due to years of desk work for me, repetitive strain I guess. Everything is not as fluid as it ought to be. I'm worn out today but going to clip the pedometer on and go walk!!! :)

BrightLight

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »

It's very hot, I am about to walk around my local park in the shade of the trees but might have to rest en route! Ha. Sometimes my tight neck can give me a headache yes, usually that's the big muscles on top of the shoulders adding to the overall tightness. The trapezius. Sometimes helps to squeeze them, reach over with opposite hand and grab the roll if muscles and squurze and let go a few times and gently stretch neck forward back and to the sides. I'm having to stretch more frequently these days to stop things causing pain, like the headaches x

BrightLight

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 05:40:45 PM »

It is unnerving but it's just things getting back into place eeeek  so hot I cannot spell squurze  was meant to be squeeze! ha

mandy43

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 06:08:14 PM »

I am soooo hot.  Yesterday, I was doing the housework and you would have sworn I'd come out the shower and not dried.  This is me all the time now, dripping wet...anyone else like this?
Pages: [1] 2