Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Just got blood results advice needed please  (Read 1448 times)

warwick01

Just got blood results advice needed please
« on: August 19, 2015, 01:11:16 PM »

Hi Ladies

As you know I continue to have a rough time and continue to look for answers.

Just got my blood results which are
Estrodiol - 281
Progesterone Less than 1 (stated on form)
FSH - 15. 0
LH - 9.3

I'm no expert but using 4 pumps of Oestrogel seems too low at 281.I still believe if my hormones get balanced I will feel better!

Any advice please Wxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just got blood results advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 02:08:59 PM »

Well I'm not a lot of good to you 'cos I don't take HRT  ::)

Could your ring a Pharmacist for advice?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 02:23:47 PM »

On 4 pumps of gel that is a very low oestrogen reading!!!!!  I get 600 when on 2 pumps per day.  Clearly you are not absorbing the gel!!!  When, where and how are you applying the gel? What progesterone are you using?
DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 02:30:19 PM »

Even so ie the fact that it is a low reading for that amount of gel - it is not a very low reading in itself - although maybe it is for you? I am sure my levels are lower than this! However it does seem that reducing oestrogen from whatever level can bring on symptoms in some women even if the new level is not considered low! This is a nuisance isn't it! The progesterone is irrelevant as it would be expect to be this low in menopause and if you are not taking it right now.

Have any suggestions been made as a result of these tests or do you have another appointment? I seem to remember you used to use patches or maybe I'm wrong? Did they not work for you?

Hurdity x

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 03:04:07 PM »

Thanks Ladies,

In view of the state I was in last week (complete melt down) my DH has arranged for me to see a private Gyne tomorrow. GP has referred me for CBT........ also gave 10mg citripam although want to hang fire to see if I can get my hormones in tune.

Hurdity - if you recall I tried Angeliqu 1mg tablet and to be honest I felt less anxious but 6 weeks in the depression kicked in so the lesson for me is that continua's progesterone may not be the answer :) I know I didn't give the Estrodot 50 long (2weeks) but I did have a fuzzy head and also felt anxious day before it was due to be changed, possibly 75 would have suited me more.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, although I have seen so many different Dr's I'm a little sceptical :) I get more help from this forum to be honest.....

Wxx