Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1833 times)

Debs44

« on: August 17, 2015, 06:26:11 PM »

Hi everyone - I am nearly 45 years old and want some advice.  I have been having menopause like symptoms for about 18 months such as crying for no reason, extreme pmt, and periods going a little wonky.  I am concerned about my periods and want to know if it's normal to start bleeding 18 days into my cycle.  For the past 12 months my periods have ranged from 29 - 33 days gradually get a little longer each month- this month however things have changed.  I came on my period again on Saturday which is the day i should have ovulated - at first it was pinkish discharge, then it turned brown and today it's a full on period, all be it a little lighter than normal and has come complete with backache and cramps.  I also had terrible anger on Friday and felt really low all weekend.  I just need to know if anyone else has experienced this and whether it's "normal".  Should I go and see my gp about this - I'm a little put off as when I went after having a period for 3 weeks and then nothing for 45 days I was told I was too young to be in menopause (and the gp was female!).  I feel like I'm going insane

Kathleen

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 07:16:51 PM »

Hello Debs44 and welcome to the forum.

You sound decidedly menopausal to me and there are many ladies on this site who are your age and younger.

There is plenty of support available here and you are most certainly not insane, just hormonal like the rest of us!

Take care.

K.

Debs44

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 08:07:42 PM »

Thanks K it means a lot.  Today I feel a little like my old self but I suppose it's because I'm having a period.  I'm glad I'm not on my own and its so nice to read other stories that sound very familiar to my own x.

Cm1

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 08:35:43 PM »

Hello and welcome to the club lol im only just 41 and have had symptos for at least a year so the gp you spoke to is rubbish, i was told by a gp that was really up on meno that your not even considered young unless under 40!

Debs44

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 08:45:30 PM »

I am going to go back to GP once this period has finished so I have definite start and stop dates.  I know there's not a lot they can do but I really need some advice and I'm so confused as to whether use hormone therapy or not! 

Cm1

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 10:02:45 PM »

I had a blood test on friday but from what the other ladies on here have said there not worth the bother, im going back to decide on hrt, i think im going to have a go as im sick of being nuts most of the time lol

I

Debs44

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 05:57:51 AM »

Thanks everybody for your kind words.  I'm gonna strap myself in for the ride ahead and make sure I have plenty of panty liners and tampons in my bag just in case.  This site is amazing and I don't feel alone anymore  :)

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 11:52:38 AM »

Hi Debs44

Taz x  :welcomemm:

SadLynda

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 04:17:58 PM »

what the **** is normal?

from another nutjob then.  I am 49 and had my symptoms for at least 3 years, my friend is my age and had hers for 7 years, her GP did nothing to help - she is going back this week to insist or as I suggest change GP's.

I can do 'anger' rather well too ::)

You can read my story in the 'all things menopause' bit.

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 07:17:26 PM »

Hi Debs44

:welcomemm: from me too!

If only all Gps would at least read the first part of this site they would know the average age of menopause which is 51-52 - and if this is an average it means there will be women well above and below this age who reach menopause. Also since the peri-menopausal stage can last several years - then subtract these from the average menopause age and you have women in their 40's doh!

How can they be so ill-informed!!!!!!!!

Anyway you've come to the right place   :)

Hurdity x