Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Today's GP visit.  (Read 2351 times)

dazned

Today's GP visit.
« on: August 17, 2015, 02:05:03 PM »

Just thought I would report back how it went !

Well I first established whether she would indeed write an ongoing prescription for hrt that consultant perscribed estrogen and utrogeston ,took the box of utrogeston with me ,and she duly looked it up and wrote me prescription for the 200mg vaginal pessary with applicators. So good result there ! Not many people seem to be able to get it in that form from their doctors.
Then went on to discuss how she would support me as I've decided to see how I feel off of hrt. So I'm going to start by dropping my estrogen down for a couple of months before hopefully dropping it all together ! In the meantime I am going to slightly increase my AD to try and combat my flat feelings and hope that this all pans out . So fingers crossed if not it's back to the drawing board me thinks ! At least I got my prescription for next 6 months first  ;)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:23:36 PM by dazned »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Today's GP visit.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 02:12:05 PM »

Did she seem supportive, if so, that's a Bonus!

Let us know how you get on.

dazned

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:21:18 PM »

She is very supportive now after months of me training her  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 02:22:01 PM »

:lol:  hang on to her.  She may well have a queue! [though my GP is good]

SadLynda

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »

sounds good to me, stepping forward and support too (now you are just being greedy)

wish you all the best, hope we can hear good things:)

dazned

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 02:24:59 PM »

Thank you Sadlynda me too  ::)

dazned

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 05:47:05 PM »

It wasn't always the way 're gp support,but now she does what I ask ! She knows better not too.  ;)

;D

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 08:42:44 PM »

:whip:   ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 05:09:36 PM »

Hi dazned

I am thinking you might have the Utrogestan prescribed for fertility if you have the 200 mg vaginal ones - I think they are the only type that are licensed in UK for vaginal use. Good also to have the 200 mg and an applicator! What does that look like I wonder? I just have to poke it up with my finger and I always wonder if it goes up high enough! I don't think I would be able to get these though as mine is from GP so no licensed for vag use for HRT. Might try to persuade her though if it's better this way?

I can't remember how old you are and how long on HRT (if that's not too nosy a question?!). Just wondering really why you want to replace HRT with ADs unless I've got the wrong end of the stick?  Am I right in remembering you are on a long cycle HRT - 3 months ( sorry if I've forgotten and got this wrong!). Perhaps actually an increase in oestrogen would lift you out of the flat mood - I know that we are always given the minimum oestrogen to eliminate symptoms but it is often not sufficient to give us back that zest for life is it? I would love to increase my oestrogen and if I'd through of it earlier when I was in my 50's when I started HRT I would have done. Too late for me now! Hope you don't mind my saying this as you didn't actually ask for advice!!  :)

Hurdity x